PDFspy is the ultimate "get info" utility for your PDF documents. It can extract a comprehensive list of attributes from a PDF file into an XML-based format. This list can incorporate as little or as much information as you need - whether it's a list of used font, security settings, or color choices.
Some example uses for PDFspy might be:
- Asset management system: extract page count, metadata, font & image information
- Document management: determine text or image only documents, extract comments
- Preflight: extract information about colorspaces, compression & font types
- Validation: find broken PDf files
- Developers: easily examine the structure of complex PDF documents