GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET is a lightweight mail merge library that allows developers to generate custom documents from Word or PDF templates. The library fills out merge fields with custom data obtained either from web forms based on user input, or from a DB.
Being fully compatible with Word templates, the library doesn't require Microsoft Office Automation, or Word installation. It can be easily integrated into any .NET (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) app with just a single DLL.
GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET can be of great help when you need to generate tens or hundreds of documents based on standard templates. These could be bills, order quotes, invoices, NDAs, insurance policies, legal documents and any other documents that need to be filled out with custom data. The output files can be either in DOC/DOCX or PDF format.
The library also comes with a web UI that provides end users with the ability to assemble documents from within ASP.NET apps without any admin or dev assistance. Easy-to-follow wizards guide users through preparing templates, building and publishing online questionnaires, and managing output documents.
To test the GroupDocs.Assembly for .NET library without any restrictions, please feel free to contact GroupDocs sales for a 30-day fully-functional trial.
What is new in this release:
- Added support for the PowerPoint file format
- Added an option of removing CheckBoxes in Word templates
- Implemented a new, fully-documented API
- Various minor improvements and fixes
What is new in version 1.1:
- Added support for the Excel file formats
- Implemented capability to use the library in desktop apps (WPF)
- Added support for complex merge fields in Word templates
- Added support for the ComboBox fields in Word format
- Added support for the CheckBox fields in Word format
What is new in version 1.0.7:
- Template Editor: adjust font name and size in PDF template
- Template Editor: adjust font color, field color and border color
- Added support for different fonts in PDF templates
- Extended API: AddField/AddFields, UpdateField/UpdateFields, RemoveField/RemoveFields, GetField, IsFieldExist
What is new in version 1.0.6:
- Added ability to build Word templates - Added support for Date/Time fields in Word templates - Added support for Date/Time fields in the questionnaire builder
.NET Framework version 4.0+