jPDFViewer is a Java bean that you can embed in your Java applications and applets to view PDF documents. With jPDFViewer, you can deliver content to your users right through your application without the need to install third party programs. jPDFViewer is platform independent, so it can be used in any environment that supports Java, including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. jPDFViewer has a simple interface to load PDF documents and provides scrolling and printing capability. It can open PDF files given a file name on a local or network drive, from a URL and from an input stream for files that are generated runtime or come from a database.
- Read and display PDF files on any platform that supports Java.
- No need to install or configure additional drivers or software when deploying your application.
- Written entirely in Java
- allows your application to remain platform independent.
- Tested on JDK 1.3.1 and above.
- TrueType, Type 1 and Type 3 fonts supported.
What is new in this release:
Java 1.3.1 or higher