Together (formerly KIT - Keep It Together) is an application for storing, organizing, editing and previewing all kinds of files and can find them again quickly. Just about anything can be dragged to Together's main window or Shelf for safe keeping. The Shelf is a system-wide window that appears as a tab on the side of the screen, which can also be used to browse and search the library, access favorites items and make quick notes.
Items can be organized into groups and folders. Folders work just like in the Finder, while groups can collect files from different places together, much like iTunes playlists. Items can be color-coded with labels and tagged. Smart Groups do the work of staying organized for you. Together uses Spotlight to search the contents of all kinds of files as you type. Together can also encrypt documents, imports files in the background to ensure the library is always available and supports multiple libraries. Together can also sync with .Mac.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed an issue inserting a bulleted or numbered list when no text is selected.
- Fixed an issue adding a checklist at the very start of a document.
- Fixed an issue using pinch zoom to change the size of thumbnails.
- Improved performance of thumbnails view on older Macs.
- Improved performance when first viewing notes or rich text documents when a lot of fonts are installed.
- Added options to Previews preferences to disable the format bar in notes and rich text documents.
- Improved appearance of portrait icon previews on some Macs.
- Fixed an issue saving stationery the first time.
- Fixed an issue where Markdown files may not always be editable.
- Fixed an issue loading web archives when offline.
What is new in version 3.7.5:
- Fixed an issue where notes wouldn't always autosave until viewing another item or quitting the app.
- Fixed an issue where options for thumbnails to show/hide the item name and additional info had no effect.
- Worked around a problem where edited PDFs modification dates would not be reported to the app.
- Restored Command-K keystroke for adding a link to notes and rich text documents.
- Improved creating notes from copied or dragged text from Chrome.
- Fixed a problem where sound or video in a web archive or previewed bookmark could keep playing after the item has been deselected.
- Added an option to Tags preferences to disable tag autocompletion.
What is new in version 3.7.3:
- Fixed a problem where the Shelf tab wouldn't appear in other apps when Together was full screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after switching libraries.
- Fixed a problem copying the original file of symbolic link files to the library.
- Fixed a problem where new images created from the clipboad would not preserve the original format (e.g. PNG).
What is new in version 3.7.1:
- Fixed an issue where the Shelf tab could be shown at startup when the Shelf is disabled.
- Fixed an issue moving a folder to the Trash when a folder with the same name already exists.
- Fixed an issue importing a library with a folder that already exists.
- Fixed an issue with the Touch Bar in the Comments field.
What is new in version 3.6.5:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Shelf is closed by switching to another app or clicking on another window.
- Fixed a problem where a bookmark created with the Share extension could appear as missing after moving it to a group with the Shelf when importing.
- Fixed an issue where the comments field would not be resized correctly when switching between items.
- Fixed issues generating thumbnail icons for bookmarks.
- Fixed the appearance of smart groups in Quick Open.
What is new in version 3.6.1:
- Fixed a crash that would occur after adding a tag without pressing Enter to convert it into a token.
- Fixed a crash that could occur downloading files such as PDFs into the app.
- Fixed a problem where the item count wouldn't be restored after importing into a particular group.
What is new in version 3.5.9:
- The order of rearranged tabs is now preserved when the app is next opened.
- Fixed issues with the order of items in the Together menu.
What is new in version 3.5.8:
- Fixed an issue where the comments field in Mini Info wouldn't always resize correctly.
- Fixed an issue when creating new items in the tags view and "Edit new item name" option is enabled.
- Add items to new folders by choosing Item > Add To > New Folder from the menu.
- Progress for trashing missing files is now updated correctly.
Mac App Store version
- When using handoff, if the item is not in the current library, but that library is available, Together will offer to switch to that library to show the item.
- Fixed an issue simultaneously saving and deleting a large number of items in an iCloud library.
- Fixed an issue in iCloud libraries where the number of items or nested group and folders in another folder would be limited to 750.
What is new in version 3.5.5:
- When a tag is selected and items are removed, the next nearest item will be selected.
- Fixed an issue where the fields in the mini info view wouldn't always resize correctly.
- Dragged item links can no longer be added as new bookmarks.
What is new in version 3.5.2:
- When editing an item's name in the portrait list, the text is no longer white.
- Fixed a problem with the appearance of file copy progress in the groups sidebar.
What is new in version 3.4.9:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between tags and groups in large libraries.
- Fixed a problem where the app could appear to have no name in the Force Quit panel (not Mac App Store version).
- Fixed a problem where the app could freeze when using the Open and Save panels (Mac App Store version only).
What is new in version 3.4.7:
- Rich text files are automatically converted to RTFD files when an attachment, such as an image, is added.
- Removed the "Rich Text & Attachments" stationery for compatibility with Together for iPad and iPhone 1.3.
- Added a setting to the Rich Text section of Preview preferences to ask before converting RTF to RTFD files.
- When clicking the Bookmarklets button in Import preferences, the default browser is now opened instead of the default app for HTML files.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the tag browser is showing a lot of tags.
What is new in version 3.4.6:
- Fixed a problem where removing empty tag bundles wouldn't work.
- Fixed appearance of the tooltip that appears when the mouse is moved over a filename that is too long in the portrait list.
- Fixed a problem where the Shelf could appear when disabled after switching from light to dark menus in System Preferences.
- Added "web page" item type to AppleScript dictionary.
What is new in version 3.4.4:
- Fixed a problem where freshly-imported linked items wouldn't preview correctly.
- Fixed a problem maintaining the selected items after adding tags to an item.
- Fixed a problem where creating a note with a tag selected wouldn't work.
- Fixed a problem restoring the selected tag and items on startup.
- Updated Markdown software to fix some rendering issues.
What is new in version 3.4.3:
- Together now recognizes "message:" URLs that can open exported messages in Mail.
- Fixed a problem where the Shelf's content area could be hidden while opening.
- Fixed a problem where the Shelf would close when a Quick Look preview was shown.
- The Markdown preview's contextual menu no longer shows inappropriate items.
- Fixed a problem where duplicate "Welcome to Together" items could be created in iCloud Drive (Mac App Store only).
What is new in version 3.4.2:
This version fixes a problem with the tag browser and removing items with the delete key, improves encrypted file sizes and the preview info view's tags field.
What is new in version 3.4.1:
This version improves the Share extension, fixes an issue viewing plain text files in tabs and includes other minor improvements.
What is new in version 3.4:
This version includes a Share extension for importing URLs from Safari and other apps, adds a Markdown preview, new library management features, more changes to ensure the app looks good on OS X Yosemite, plus other new features and improvements.
What is new in version 3.3.4:
- Prevents movies autoplaying when viewed.
- Fixes a hang after switching away from a movie in a tab.
- Fixes an issue where the main portion of the Shelf becoming hidden after it's opened.
- Ensure the landscape items list can be reduced to the minimum row height using the zoom gesture.
- Fixed the group name not staying editable after creating a new group from selected items.
- Fixed a display issue with the Web Content Preview preferences.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when moving an iCloud library to a local folder with a new name (Mac App Store only).
What is new in version 3.3.3:
This version fixes issues that could occur after editing items externally, performance in the tag browser and when tagging many items, importing emails and more.
What is new in version 3.3.2:
This version fixes minor issues with the groups outline and tag browser, stops high CPU use when the Shelf tab is hidden and includes other minor improvements.
What is new in version 3.3.1:
This version fixes a crash that can occur when creating a new subfolder or group, another that could occur after copying or moving a linked items' original file to the library, a problem setting any of the built-in stationery to the default and improves the appearance of some parts of the Shelf.