Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plug-ins.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed: Selection tools would sometimes crash
- Fixed: Line/Curve tool would draw nothing if the Shapes tool was configured for "Draw Filled Shape"
- Fixed: Thumbnails for .PDN files were not working on some systems
- Fixed: The "Finish" button in the toolbar would not update its enable/disable state when switching between images
What is new in version 4.0.6:
- New: You can now create and install custom shapes for the Shapes tool.
- New: Updated to work better with Windows 10.
- New: Increased the maximum brush size to 2000.
- New: IndirectUI-based effect plugins can now provide help text, accessible via the question mark button.
- New: Effect plugins may now access the current palette via IPalettesService.
- Improved: Reduced memory usage of brush tools when using large brush sizes.
- Fixed: Holding shift to constrain the angle of the roll control (Layers -> Rotate/Zoom) wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed: Various shapes (hexagon, pentagon, triangle, etc.) are now symmetric when holding the shift key.
- Fixed: Multiple high-dpi blemishes in the main window and many dialog boxes (Settings, Save Configuration, all effect dialogs, etc.)
- Fixed: Various minor/rare crashes.
What is new in version 4.0.5:
- Fixed: Subtraction mode in the Magic Wand tool was generating B-A instead of A-B.
- Fixed: Crash when using Effect->Repeat.
- Fixed: Crash (AccessViolationException) on some systems when initializing the canvas for hardware accelerated rendering. It will still crash but then switch to software rendering for the next startup, which will then avoid the crashing.
- Fixed: Crash when clicking on the Shapes tool if you had run an old 4.0 beta/alpha and had also changed which shape is used at startup to be a line or curve.
- Fixed: Crash when using Settings -> Update -> Check Now due to incorrectly determining that UAC is not enabled.
.NET Framework 4.5, Windows 7 SP1