Mozy is the simple way to back up all the important stuff on your computer so in the event of disaster, your data is still retrievable. There's no need to worry about external hardware or tedious manual backups; Simply download Mozy, select the types of files you want to back up, and Mozy does the rest. A copy of your files is safely stored in secure, offsite data centers.
Mozy offers home users 2 GB of backup space for free. There's no credit card, no monthly payment or fee, and no expiration date. Just free, secure online backup for as long as you want it. (You can even earn free space for each friend you refer.) Or purchase unlimited storage space for only $4.95 per month.
Both the free and unlimited versions offer you open/locked file support, byte-level differential backups, 30-day file version archives, bandwidth throttling, private key encryption (optional), and multiple data restoration methods.
What is new in this release:
- Added the ability to prevent backups occurring while using specified network interfaces
- Improved FileVault support
- Added domain based activation
- Help is now online only
- Mac OS X Lion support
- Fixed an issue which removed files on external drives from the backup.
- Fixed an issue that caused scanning errors when selecting the entire boot volume.
- Fixed an issue with restoring a large number of files.
- Fixed an issue which caused incorrect selection states on files.
- Fixed an issue where selecting an iPhoto library for backup would require additional storage quota.
- Fixed an issue with the Restore window in Dutch and German.
- Improved file scanning on network drives.
- Fixed an issue that would occur when upgrading to a new version of Mozy in Mac OS X Lion
- Fixed auto-activation in Mac OS X Lion
Free version limited to 2 GB. Paid version not limited.