Tembo is an easy-to-use file search tool based upon the powerful Spotlight engine. Tembo finds documents, folders, mail messages, bookmarks, images, videos, and more. It shows results grouped by file type. Initially the top 10 matches for each group are shown. Often enough you will find the sought for file right here. Drill-down into a group reveals up to 10'000 results alongside context-sensitive filters. These help narrow down the results list. The "Messages" group, for example, has filters on subject, sender and recipient. The "Images" group has filters for resolution and file type. Thus Tembo is much more than a file search tool. It works as an extension to Mail or iChat to locate messages; as an extension to Safari to search browsing history and bookmarks.
What is new in this release:
- Drag files from search results to the Trash to delete
- Minor bug fixes
What is new in version 2.1:
- Tembo now shows Finder tag colors in search results
- Long file names now wrap over two lines in grid view
- Improved performance and responsiveness in the grouped display of search results
What is new in version 2.0:
- Actions: rename, tag, or trash files from search results
- Sharing: send files by Mail, Messages, Facebook, etc.
- File Info window: easy-to-read overview of important file properties
- View options: font size, date format, grid of icons or previews
- Collapsible groups: hide seldomly visited groups
- Menu bar button and global keyboard shortcuts
- Speed and looks! Faster. Better looking.
What is new in version 1.8:
- Enhancement: Updated for compatibility with upcoming changes to Mac OS X Gatekeeper.
Delay when opening files