Every hard disk is too small if you just wait long enough. TreeSize Free tells you where precious space has gone to. TreeSize Free can be started from the context menu of a folder or drive and shows you the size of this folder, including its subfolders. You can expand this folder in Explorer-like style and you will see the size of every subfolder. All results can also be drilled down to the file level. Scanning is done in a thread, so you can already see results while TreeSize Free is working. The Explorer context menu is supported within TreeSize, as well as the usual drag & drop operations. The disk space tool now also includes the main feature of our discontinued freeware NTFSRatio: TreeSize Free can display the NTFS compression rate.
What is new in this release:
Version 126.96.36.1993: Comeback: "Rename" in context menu; Display issues resolved; Correction of percentage values; New: Scan your Smartphone or Tablet Computer (iOS, Android, Windows) via PC; New: Support of local folders of OneDrive, Dropbox & Google Drive.
What is new in version 188.8.131.520:
- The directory tree's line height will now work when the view is zoomed (125%).
- Bugfix: The directory tree is sorted correctly again after a scan has finished.
- Bugfix: TreeSize Free occasionally froze while scanning and didn't respond. This issue has been fixed.
- Bugfix: Several minor improvements and a few minor bug fixes have been incorporated.
What is new in version 184.108.40.2067:
*** New: Scan your Smartphone or Tablet Computer (iOS, Android, Windows) via PC ** New: Support of local folders of OneDrive, Dropbox & Google Drive * Improved touch-optimized interface: switch without restart, auto-switch optional; new context menu * Few minor improvements and fixes incorporated
What is new in version 220.127.116.119:
Bugfix: If several items are selected displaying the context menu no longer causes an error.
What is new in version 18.104.22.1686:
Version 22.214.171.1246 provides a touch-optimized user interface as an option for Windows 8.0 and higher. The scan performance on local NTFS drives (especially on SSD drives) has been increased. The total size of selected items in the Directory Tree is now displayed in the status bar.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
- The scan performance on slow HDD drives has been improved.
- Bugfix: Minor problems occurring when scanning network shares on non-Windows Server systems have been fixed.
- Bugfix: Several minor improvements and a few minor fixes have been incorporated.