Ableton Live brings the art of music creation and performance into the future. Seamlessly move from basic song ideas to studio production to the stage, all with Ableton Live.
What is new in this release:
Improvements and feature changes:
- Improved Waveforms: these now look smooth during zoom operations as well as during recording.
- Improved meters: the track volume meters now show both peak and RMS levels.
- Improved colouring: tracks are now automatically coloured, and new Clips take their track's color.
- The 'Auto assign Clip Color' preference is replaced by 'Auto assign Track Color', which determines if a newly created track gets a color from the song's color sequence assigned or a fixed color chosen by the user.
- Simpler has been completely overhauled with a new interface, Warping, slicing, and new analog modelled filters build in conjunction with Cytomic.
- New analog-modeled filters based on classic vintage hardware models capable of self resonating, feedback and distortion are added to Simpler/Sampler, Auto Filter and Operator.
- The Core Library has been updated with new Drum Kits and new presets for Simpler, Operator, Analog, Auto Filter and Audio Effect Racks.
- Audio Effect Racks now load with devices hidden.
- Sets created with 9.5 will not be openable in pre-9.5 versions of Live. When trying to Save a set created with a previous version in 9.5, a dialog will appear and it will only be possible to Save under a different name.
- Added the option "Preserve Warped Timing" in the Slice to new MIDI track dialog.
- A breakout view is added for Simpler. The breakout view can only be displayed when Simpler has a valid sample
- The Warped waveform is displayed accordingly in Simpler.
- Added a button in the Simpler breakout which warps the region between the sample's start and end markers as a certain number of bars.
- Added 1/2 and x2 warped length buttons in Simpler.
- Added One Shot mode in Simpler.
- Slicing mode has been added to Simpler. When active, all transients between start and end flags will be used for generating the slices
- It is now possible to normalize a sample via a context menu option by right clicking on Simpler's waveform.
- Added the possibility to slicing to a Drum Rack from Simpler.
- A sample volume control (Gain) is now added to Simpler.
- When loading a Simpler, Auto Filter or Operator preset created with a previous Live version, the devices will work in legacy mode, in order to preserve the original sound. An "Upgrade button" will activate the new filters. The filters will be automatically upgraded if these were not active in the preset.
- Drum pads inherit Warp on/off when slicing a Simpler to Drum Rack.
- If Simpler in Slicing mode is set to one voice only of if its playback mode is set to "mono", choke is activated once converted to a Drum Rack.
- Added Trigger or Gate mode for Samples in One Shot/Slice Modes
- It is now possible to reverse a sample in Simpler via a context menu option.
- Creating a multi selection for a number of chains in a Drum Rack enables setting the choke group for all chains at once.
- When instantiating a plug-in, up to 64 parameters get configured automatically now.
- A parameter configuration can now be saved as a default per AU or VST plug-in. This is done via a new context menu entry available in Live's plug-in device. The default configurations are stored in a "Plug-In Configurations" folder under "User Library/Defaults".
- Improved performance when drawing waveforms for large sets with many clips.
- Introduced a limitation to how many time a sample can be sped up or slowed down via ":2" or "x2" respectively, in order to save CPU power.
- Improved the automation smoothing for the new filters in Simpler, Operator and Auto Filter.
- Removed the limitation to the amount of transposition affecting samples when using Complex or Complex Pro.
- The error dialog Live throws when users try to save a Default Device / Track while no User Library is available has been improved.
- It is not possible to inadvertently save a Live Set to the Trash anymore.
- The 'Warp as x bars' feature is improved so to provide more musical and predictable values.
- Light blue color tones have changed to avoid being confused with the selection color when using the default Live skin.
- Artifacts might be introduced when transposing samples warped with Complex / Pro.
- Specific plug-ins would have triggered Live to configure non-functional parameters after a preset change.
Changes for Push:
- Introduced support for Push 2.
- It is now possible to preview sounds from the browser with Push 1 as well. Auto preview can be toggled on/off.
- It is now possible to load Samples from Push. These will be instantiated in Simpler.
- Browsing of VST and AU plugins is now available for Push 1 as well.
- It is now possible to duplicate Drum Rack pads from Push 1 as well.
- Clip length can be adjusted with a resolution down to 1/16th holding the Shift button.
- Scales settings are now stored in Live sets.
- When recording with Fixed Length: Off, pressing fixed length will now stop recording and loop the last bars of the recording according to the fixed length setting.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Clip selector in the step sequencer to be displayed after deleting a Clip.
What is new in version 9.2.3:
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for the Roland AIRA MX-1.
- Improved the performance for Ableton Devices on OS X.
- Live could crash on Windows when changing sample rate when using certain ASIO drivers.
- MIDI Note Off messages could be skipped as a consequence of an audio drop out, resulting in hanging notes.
- CPU spikes leading to drop outs could occur when firing Clips, stopping Clips, Clip editing during playback, Clip scrubbing and when pressing the Back to Arrangement button.
- Live's interface would respond slowly when the Display Zoom was set to a value other than 100% on OSX using the 32-bit version. This bug fix also improves scaled drawing performance on Windows 64-bit.
Changes for Push:
- The step sequencer 'Note Settings' view could not be exited anymore if accessed while in Hotswap mode.
What is new in version 9.2.2:
Improvements and feature changes:
- Added control surface support for the Akai MIDImix
- Under certain circumstances Live 64 bit could crash while scanning VST plugins, after changing the input audio device or when opening a VST plugin window, especially when working with large Live Sets or if the program had been running for a very long time.
- Replaced the icon for Current Project in the browser sidebar.
- Live would crash when dragging a Clip in the Groove Pool.
- Audio Units would stop passing audio after changing the sample rate.
What is new in version 9.2:
- Added control surface support for Alesis V and VI keyboards.
- Live will not auto-update to versions above 9.1.8 when installed on legacy OS versions. Affected operating systems are: Windows XP, Windows Vista, OSX 10.5 and OSX 10.6.
What is new in version 9.1.7:
- Added control surface support for M-Audio Oxygen 4th generation controllers.
- When choosing "All Individual Tracks" in the Export Audio/Video dialog, tracks using the External Instrument device would not be exported correctly.
- Fixed a bug which caused modulations for arrangement clips to disappear when undoing and redoing after duplicating a track.
- Improved fonts for Retina displays (Mac OS X only).
- Improved graphics for the Track Status Display and the Plug-in browser icon on Retina displays (Mac OS X only).
- Fixed a graphics problem which could occur on OS X 10.10 Yosemite when a Max for Live device was instantiated directly at application launch, e.g. by double-clicking an .als file or by having a template set containing a Max for Live device.
- Fixed a graphics problem which could occur on OS X 10.10 Yosemite when opening the "Export Audio/Video" dialogue and having the "Zoom Display" preference set to a value higher than 100%.
- The Simpler instrument could lose certain macro mappings after converting a Sampler to Simpler and then enabling Simpler's Pitch Envelope.
- Fixed the spacing of the "Hz" icon on Simpler's LFO Rate switch on Retina displays
- Under certain conditions, the Tension instrument could produce unwanted noise bursts after loading a preset and then playing the first note.
- Live could crash when undoing and redoing after importing a clip or a track containing automation from the browser. Live would also keep crashing when recovering the Live Set from the undo file.
- Fixed a crash which could occur with the iZotope "Trash 2" VST plug-in on Windows.
- Fixed a crash which might occur on Windows while Live scans or loads certain UAD plugins.