NoteShare Server allows you to share notebooks without having to open them. It maintains a server list, a list of spaces and notebooks (with their associated space, sharing flags and optional sharing password) and gives you the ability to manage the spaces and books on the server list remotely, using NoteShare Server Administrator. The notebooks shared by NoteShare Server can be viewed by any copy of NoteShare or NoteShare Express. Remote users cannot tell whether a book is being shared by NoteShare Server or ordinary NoteShare. NoteShare Server Administrator provides the ability to manage the server list from the same machine that is running NoteShare Server or from another remote machine. It is used to share and not share books, to create new books on the server and upload books to the server to be shared. NoteShare Server Administrator is supplied in two forms: as a Macintosh application (NoteShare Server Administrator.app) or a Java program (NoteShareAdministrator.jar). The Java version can be run directly on the desktop by double clicking it, or it can be run as an applet in your favorite web browser connected to your local machine or to some other machine where it is installed.
What is new in this release:
- The new full screen mode in OS X 10.7 "Lion" is now supported when running in 10.7.
- You can now import both RTF and RTFD files into a notebook with the File>Import command.
- Problems editing template names on the Templates tool panel have been resolved.
- Several issues related to Lion compatibility have been fixed.
- A new Help notebook, "Guide to Sharing and Collaboration" consolidates all sharing-related information previously found in multiple notebooks.
- Some sharing-related menu items have been reorganized or simplified.
- PNG format is now preferred over TIFF when pasting images onto a page.
- Some issues relating to interaction with NoteShare Server Pro have been fixed.