ControllerMate is a controller programming tool that allows users to add custom functionality to standard HID devices (joysticks, trackballs, gamepads, keyboards). Using a highly graphical interface and drag-and-drop editing, users can program controller buttons to perform complex keyboard and mouse sequences. Programming is accomplished using "building blocks". Each type of building block performs a different type of function. Building blocks can be individually configured and linked together to perform an endless variety of tasks. Common programming tasks that can be performed with ControllerMate include configuring controller buttons to act like individual keyboard keys, configuring controller buttons to generate simple text, configuring controller axes to act like mouse axes, assigning an AppleScript to a controller button, redefining keyboard keys, assigning a custom acceleration curve to a mouse.
What is new in this release:
- Updated the Sparkle framework to address a security vulnerability.
- Unused ON/OFF Group names will now be automatically removed when quitting ControllerMate.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur when dragging a page or group into the Inspector window when configuring a Properties building block.
What is new in version 4.9.8:
- ControllerMate v4.9.8 includes a few fairly minor visual changes for compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
What is new in version 4.9.7:
- Added the ability to set an initial value for AppleScript (Number) and AppleScript (ON/OFF) building blocks.
- Improved compatibility with X-keys devices that have customized USB version numbers.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent ControllerMate's helper from posting MIDI events through an external MIDI destination in some cases.
What is new in version 4.9.5:
- Improved the ability of Programming Groups and Application building blocks to distinguish between different Java runtime instances.
- Improved compatibility with the Contour Design ShuttlePRO v2 and ShuttleXpress. Driver Configurations may now be used to modify the mouse-like behavior of the buttons and dial.
- Fixed a visual anomaly on Yosemite that sometimes caused the text of Page and Group names in the list of Programming Items in ControllerMate's main window to disappear into the background.
What is new in version 4.9.3:
- Fixed a bug that could cause an imported Driver Configuration for a virtual mouse to fail to control the virtual mouse's behavior.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exporting programming containing a Driver Configuration.
What is new in version 4.9.2:
- Improved compatibility with the X-keys XK-128 USB Keyboard.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a Driver Configuration's settings from being used when a device is unplugged then reconnected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented new virtual MIDI outputs from being created after deleting all existing virtual outputs.
What is new in version 4.9.1:
- Fixed a bug that caused some Axis, Button, and Hatswitch building block to fail to work after the system wakes from sleep.
- Fixed a bug that prevented AppleScript building blocks from being configured with a script source file.
- Fixed a bug that hid the controls of the X-keys Joystick Pro.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Auto-Repeater building block to use the wrong settings after undoing and redoing a change to its settings.
What is new in version 4.9:
- Added the ON/OFF Group building block to create a related set of ON/OFF values.
- Added the MIDI Note Group building block that responds to a set of MIDI Note messages.
- Added the Absolute Value building block to calculate absolute values.
- Added the URL building block to open web locations.
- The Button Group building block can now be configured by pressing a set of buttons on a device. OFF buttons may also now be included in groups.
- The LED building block can now be configured to turn an LED on, turn an LED off, or do nothing when the building block turns ON and OFF.
- Improved performance when importing large amounts of programming.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if performing an Undo command immediately after importing programming.
- Fixed a bug that could cause ControllerMate to fail to write a file when exporting programming.