Virtual CD-RW is an easy to use virtual CD drive for Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
Because Virtual CD-RW is a kernel extension (driver), it looks exactly like a physical drive to all applicaitons running on the Mac OS. Because it is a virtual CD that is stored in a file on your hard disk it is much faster than a physical CD. It doesn't get any easier.
Using Virtual CD-RW you can:
- Burn to a virtual CD
- Insert and read from a virtual CD
- Erase a virtual CD
Virtual CD-RW is easy to use. Most operations can be completed in these easy steps:
- From the CD menu choose either New Media or Existing media
- The new or existing virtual CD will appear on your desktop
- Read from the virtual CD just like a standard CD
- Burn to the virtual CD just like a standard CD from any application including the Finder or iTunes.
And its free to try. Simply download Virtual CD-RW and try it free for 15 days. During the trial period, Virtual CD-RW is fully functional with no restrictions on its use.
What is new in this release:
Added support for Mac OS X 10.7. Fixed registration problem (you may still need to quit and relaunch the application. Updated the Read me to clarify licensing and registration.