Calibre(64-bit) is program to manage your eBook collection. It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to eBook conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer. It features library management, format conversion (all major eBook formats), syncing to e-book reader devices, fetching news from the Web and converting it into eBook form, viewing many different e-book formats, and giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
What is new in this release:
- Quickview panel: Allow opening and closing the panel via the Layout button in the bottom right corner.
- Book details panel: Allow right clicking on author names to search for books by the author on Amazon.
- Edit book: When doing a Replace/Count all with multiple searches add a 'Show details' button on the result dialog that shows the individual counts for each search.
- Comments editor: Add a button to easily insert separators (i.e. <hr> tags) when editing comments
- Browser viewer: Fix back/forward buttons not working correctly when clicking on links that lead to different internal files in the book.
- Server: Fix using 'Show more books' button and then changing list mode setting causing resulting book list to be incomplete
- Server: Fix changing sort/search in the /mobile view only working with the default library.
- DOCX Input: Fix alt and title attributes for some images not being preserved
- Amazon metadata download: Change the default source from Bing to Google as the Bing cache seems to be having trouble at the moment
- ISBNDB metadata download: Ignore SSL errors when contacting isbndb.com as they seem to have no intention of fixing their broken SSL certificate
- Conversion: Fix heuristics processing incorrectly removing some <br> tags.
- Handle non-ASCII binary strings in the author_name_prefix/suffix tweaks.
Improved news sources:
- The Times
- The Sunday Times Magazine
What is new in version 3.0:
- A completely re-written Content server with support for reading books in-browser on your phone/tablet. Also works in offline mode.
- Support for High Resolution (Retina) screens
- Support for icon themes and a new default icon set
- Conversion to Microsoft Word (DOCX)
- Backwards incompatibilities
- RussiaFeed by Darko Miletic
- Kobo driver: Fix for detection of some devices, with SD card not working on macOS
- Tag browser: Fix preservation of state when recounting and the visible categories have changed.
- CHM Input: Handle CHM files that have missing or empty root files.
- Fix Page flips options box in viewer preferences bot being laid out properly
- Fix initial down arrow in search box jumping two places
- Fix editing the authors via the book list not respecting the tweak to control author name splitting
- E-book viewer: Fix external links not working in the footnote popup panel
- Fix a regression that broke command line completion in bash
- Improved news sources
What is new in version 2.9:
- E-book viewer: Show footnotes in a separate popup window
Now when you click on a link to a footnote/endnote, the corresponding note is shown in a separate popup window, for convenient reference. Footnote links are recognized using the EPUB 3 footnote markup as well as some heuristics. Any superscript or subscript links are assumed to be footnote links. Any link that links to another file which in turn links back to the original link, is assumed to be an endnote.
- Cover Grid: Improve scroll wheel based scrolling.
On windows and linux a single "tick" of the wheel now scrolls by about half a row instead of a full screen. On OS X, scrolling is pixel based, so as you scroll faster, more content is scrolled.
- Get Books: Add the Bubok Portugal store
- Performance improvement for large libraries that using custom columns built with templates
- Review downloaded metadata dialog: Allow merging tags by long clicking the revert button
- Fix a regression in 2.8 that caused the clear button next to date fields to set the date to Jan 101 instead of undefined.
- Linux: Fix Unity global menu bar stops working after minimizing calibre to the dock or the system tray.
- Sanitize the ImageMagick environment variables before launching external utilities.
- Prevent stale 'On Device' info (from the previous connection) from showing during subsequent device connections
- Conversion: Add workaround for converting EPUB files with syntactically invalid (probably hand edited) OPF files.
- Fix e-book viewer not displaying cover from HTMLZ files.
- Conversion: Handle input documents with crazy font sizes (1000pt +)
Improved news sources
- Boston Globe
- Brand Eins
What is new in version 2.7:
- Support for the new Kindle Voyage
- The notification for the completion of background jobs, such as bulk metadata download, has been redesigned to not interrupt your work. It now waits in the lower right corner of the main window until you are ready to deal with it
- Insert metadata as jacket page: Make the invisible tags used for searching across books format better, by giving them their own table row.
- Book details panel: Show custom column values for numeric columns even when the value is zero
- Allow clearing of date and number type fields by right clicking and choosing clear when editing the fields in the book list or edit metadata dialog
- MOBI/AZW3 Output: When converting an EPUB document that specifies an SVG image as its cover image, convert the cover to JPEG as the Kindle cannot handle SVG cover images.
- AZW3 Input: Fix crash when processing AZW3 files that contain certain SVG images dies to a bug in ImageMagick.
- Conversion: Ignore un-parseable links when trying to generate ToC from links, instead of aborting the conversion.
- Edit metadata dialog: Fix window title not changing when using the Next/previous buttons if the books being edited have the same title.
- Fix regression in previous release that prevented arrow keys/tab key from working in completion popups on OSX.
Improved news sources
- Folha de Sao Paolo
- LWN Weekly