MacVector is a comprehensive Macintosh application that provides sequence editing, primer design, internet database searching, protein analysis, sequence confirmation, multiple sequence alignment, phylogenetic reconstruction, coding region analysis, and a wide variety of other functions. MacVector is widely regarded as the most intuitive, easy to use program available for sequence analysis.
What is new in this release:
Crashes when saving certain edited Multiple Sequence Alignment
(.msan, .msap) documents have been resolved.
A bug where some fastq reads would be written out multiple times from the results of an Align To Folder search has been fixed.
What is new in version 14.5.3:
An occasional crash in the Align To Folder function has been fixed.
A rare crash when testing pairs of primers has been fixed
What is new in version 14.5.2:
Align To Folder now correctly handles searches using a segment of a sequence that crosses the circular origin.
Turning "Automatic RE Searching" on/off in the Map Preferences now correctly updates all open windows.
What is new in version 14.0:
Along with the performance boost when working with large sequences and alignments, there are significant enhancements to primer handling (including support for primer databases) and NGS data.
What is new in version 13.5.5:
A problem where features of type "????" would be created when opening a saved Align To Reference (.axml) file has been resolved.
What is new in version 13.5.3:
- The Contig Editor display now refreshes correctly on OS X 10.6 when loading a saved alignment.
- A crash has been fixed in the Protein Analysis Toolbox.
- A crash in the Quicktest Primer interface when working with large numbers of restriction enzymes has been fixed.
What is new in version 13.5.2:
A scrolling issue in the Contig Editor/Align To Reference Editor has been resolved. A rare crash when awaking on a different network has been fixed.
What is new in version 13.5.1:
- On OS X 10.6, imported sequences now retain their original file name.
- An occasional crash closing modified sequences that were not saved has been fixed.
- Translations in the annotated text output now correctly honor the preferences flags.
- Some inconsistencies in the numbering of "untitled" sequences has been resolved.
- A problem where sequence windows would disappear under OS X 10.6 has beeen resolved,
- A number of display glitches in the Align To Reference editor have been fixed.
- A problem where translations were sometimes missing in the Map tab when zoomed to the residue level has been fixed.
- The ability to import BAM files into an Assembler Project has been restored.
- Nucleic acid multiple alignment documents now have their own color group and blocking defaults.
- Primers in the "Test PCR Primer Pair" mode of Primer Design can now be over 35 nt in length.
- Text views now automatically resize in width to print on a single page.
What is new in version 13.5:
The graphics Symbol Editor and floating Graphics Palette have been rewritten in preparation for MacVector moving to a 64-bit architecture (due with MacVector 14.0). The other main enhancements have been aimed at better handling of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) files, particularly with the Align To Folder and Assembler Velvet de novo assembly functionality. There has also been some code optimization to better handle the analysis of large genomic sequences, particularly noticeable with the Pustell Matrix "dot-plot" functionality.