Courier Mail Server is an e-mail server for office and home networks. Compact, easy to configure and usage, contains Web and SOCKS servers. It will help you to quickly arrange e-mail exchange in local network and Internet. Major Features: SMTP and POP3 services; web server supporting PHP and Perl (HTTP service); proxy server (SOCKS service); support for protected connections (SSL/TLS); remote administration; support of multiple mail domains; processing and antispam filtering the mail by specified rules; interaction with the console antiviruses; limited sizes of local mailboxes; user and domain aliases; alias-based mailing lists; domain mailboxes and domain forwarding; mailing to fixed servers (smart hosts); direct mailing to recipients' servers (MX delivery); restricted forwarding of external mail (antirelay); limited size of sent messages and number of recipients; automatic re-sending of outgoing mail; notifications of undelivered messages, viruses and other events; customizable notification templates with support of macros; separation of access rights on client IP addresses; limited number of incoming/outgoing connections; mail collector from remote mailboxes (POP3, IMAP); dispatchers of connections, outgoing messages, remote messages; scheduler with external application run feature; copying of certain messages to the specified addresses; mail processing using external applications. No time limits. No paid subscriptions and renewals. You pay once and get an "eternal" key (license) and free software updates as part of the current version line (3.xx). Demo version is free fully functional version for three users. It has no limitations of working period.
What is new in this release:
- In the lists in the column header by which the list is sorted, the icon with the sort direction is displayed.
- Previously, the situation was not taken into account when the antivirus monitor deleted a message file from the queue folder, so further processing of the message was interrupted with an EFOpenError error and processing of the messages by the server was completely terminated. Now, in this situation, the message processing is completed correctly, the corresponding report is recorded to the log and processing of the messages is continued.
- Previously, if the server has refused of the console connection, then regardless of the cause of refuse, the error "Remote host disconnected" has been displayed. Now, in such cases, the console reports the cause of refuse and the server response.
- Small improvements, fixes of minor errors and defects in the console (lists and others).
- SMTP service was being rejected the greeting commands (EHLO, HELO) sent by the client again in the same session.
- Installing CMS on the versions 1.xx and 2.xx was being interrupted with the error "Field "Services.UseMaxConnOneIP" not found".
- When using of a large system font, the registration key of the program was impossible to activate, because the input window of the activation password did not open, there was the error "Access violation at address 0044EC39".
What is new in version 3.07:
- Support for secure connections (SSL/TLS) in SMTP and POP3 services (in connecting mode to the standard port).
- Check box "Reject duplicate messages" in the properties of external mailbox.
- In the SMTP service added the ability to reject messages of clients who have not passed the hostname (PTR record) check, that allows to record in the log the addresses of senders and recipients of these messages.
- [+] In the conditions of sorter and antispam now can be used temporary field ToCc (concatenation of fields To and Cc, separated by comma).
- If the client sent more recipients by the RCPT TO commands, than specified by the setting "Max. number of message recipients" then now not only recipients over specified number are rejected, but also the message itself.
What is new in version 3.06:
- Implemented IMAP client that allows to receive mail from remote mailboxes using IMAP protocol.
- Timeout, specified in the properties of services and remote servers is now used not only when receiving, but also when sending data. This avoids long hung connections.
- Now while the administrator works in the console it is not disconnected from the server.
- Windows 2012/8/8.1/10 were added to the list of supported OS.
- When a rule with selected check box "only for these recipients" was being executed in a nested sorter, actions could be performed also for recipients who are not satisfying the condition.
What is new in version 3.05:
Version 3.05: Support for secure connections (SSL/TLS) with remote SMTP and POP3 servers, including the MX delivery. The check box "Require authentication" in the properties of a web site, that allows to deny access to site for users who are not registered in the CMS. The system of counting violations of clients was extended to the HTTP service. Violations are: the authentication failure, the sending of an unrecognized command. To the violations of SOCKS service were added the following: the sending of an unrecognized command, the using of an unsupported protocol version. Improved display of the message lists: width of the column "Subject" ("Remote Messages") was fixed, the column "Size" ("Remote Messages", "Sending Tasks") was aligned to right. Field "Root folder" in the properties of HTTP service was replaced by field "Main site" on tab "Sites". Main site opens as with explicit reference to it, and if the site is not specified in request or specified a nonexistent site. IP address of the remote SMTP server in the MX delivery now is requested immediately before connecting to it, which reduces the number of requests to DNS. Small improvements and correction of defects in the server and console.
What is new in version 3.04:
- Displaying port of POP3 server has been added in the list of remote mailboxes.
- Message processing by antispam and sorter with a large number of rules has been significantly accelerated.
- Displaying lists with a large number of records has been accelerated.
- When executing an external application (in the antivirus and scheduler) was not being taken into account the situation when the exit code was not obtained (no executable file, no rights to run it and others). As a result, some random value was being taken as a code.
- If one or more messages were being refused by antispam when receiving mail from a remote mailbox, all messages received later in the same session and intended for re-receiving, were being directed to the spam recipient instead the recipients of these messages.
- In the log message "Notification created..." an empty sender address was always being displayed ("from <>"), even for non-service notifications. Now for such notifications the e-mail address of the sender from the notification template is displayed.