Herald is a notification plugin for Mail. app, Apple's Mac OS X email client. Inspired by the excellent Mail. appetizer plugin, Herald shows you popup notifications whenever you receive new Mail. It also allows you to perform common actions directly from within the notification window, including deleting messages, initiating replies, viewing messages in Mail, or marking messages as read. Herald's appearance is highly customizable, allowing you to change the background color, text color, size, shadow, transparency, and position of the window. Herald even provides a scrolling text view so you can read full messages without having to switch back to Mail. Note: Mail plugins are not officially supported by Apple. While Herald has been thoroughly tested, it's possible it may cause unintended conflicts with Mail or with other unofficial Mail plugins, especially after OS updates. It's recommended that you backup your computer before installing Herald or any other Mail plugin, and always before installing any updates to Mail or OS X.
What is new in this release:
Fix an issue where the preferences window could crash when using custom appearance.
What is new in version 7.0.3:
Support for macOS 10.12.4.
What is new in version 7.0.2:
Support for macOS 10.12.2.
What is new in version 7.0.1:
Support for macOS 10.12.1.
What is new in version 7.0:
Support for macOS Sierra.
Command-clicking the message body now views message in Mail.
What is new in version 6.0.3:
- Support for OS X 10.11.1.
- Fixed an issue where notifications would show up for disabled mailboxes.
- Viewing a message in a new window now behaves the same as the built in OS X notifications (it doesn't open the main Mail window).
What is new in version 6.0:
- Support for Mac OS X El Capitan. Fixed VIP-only notifications.
What is new in version 5.0.2:
- Support for OS X 10.10.2.
What is new in version 5.0:
- Support for Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Refreshed UI.
- New light and dark themes that utilize Yosemite translucency.