Harmony Assistant is a useful software for computer-assisted tunes writing and composition.
Its harmonizing capabilities enable the composer to build quickly and efficiently accompanied tunes, with multiple instruments and drum background.
What is new in this release:
- Memory leak in slur drawing
- Memory leak in ghost rest drawing
- Windows: inaccuracy in exact click position (mouse pointer hotspot)
- Objects copy/paste in individual selection
- Double display of tuning on merged guitar tablatures
What is new in version 9.7:
- To insert very low or high pitched notes outside the staff area, you can press the Shift key while inserting the note.
- In multi-voice staves or in a staff group, it's now possible to insert notes that continue the melody that has been written on the above or below staff (continuous input). It becomes easy to write a melody that switches between staves without having to fill with rests.
- An option shows the rests in continuous input
- New accidental notation: Old accidental cancellation
- When importing a Karaoke MIDI file or a MusicXML file with lyrics, the algorithm for deciding on what language to use (for Virtual Singer) has been completely rethought. It is now much more accurate.
- When inserting points in parameter curves, the Shift key
enables to insert a "end of curve" point, that is detached from the
following point. This enables to create discontinuous segments, or
even isolated points.
- New optional way to display flagged notes : flags are displayed
as unconnected horizontal beams (Flamenco notation)
- New ornaments : golpe (guitar body hit for flamenco), strumming up, strumming down
- In the complete mixer, it's now possible to adjust volume or
panning of all the select staves at once, by pressing the Alt key
while a value is changed.
- Now possible to hear the hovered notes on score
- New kind of tablature for Kuntigui, a single-stringed African instrument
- Pictures related to staves are now exported and imported in MusicXML
- Harmony Assistant: A new "Voice meter" script lets you hear the beats and fractions of beats, counted by a human voice
- Harmony Assistant: Two piano learning scripts enable to view
and fix performer mistakes when playing a complete score, or to
view the note names to be played step-by-step
- Harmony Assistant: A "MIDI-Digital Sync" script helps computing
very finely the audio output latency, and doing so synchronize
Digital output with MIDI output
- Harmony Assistant: When the compressed MusicXML format is used (.mxl), pictures that are embedded in the document are processed according to the mxl guidelines and recognised as such by music programs that manage pictures
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: New powerful graphical functions ("Surface" object) enables to work on picture, and import or export them in various formats.
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: Quick help on the selected word in the script editor
- Harmony Assistant / MyrScript: Auto-completion of keywords, variable and function names in the script editor
What is new in version 9.6.3i:
Save-, export-disabled; prints 1 page per run