DirSync Pro is a directory synchronizer. It takes two arguments: the source directory and the destination directory.
It recursively makes the two directories identical. DirSync Pro can be used to make an incremental copy of large data. For example, if your file server is in the /data you can make a copy in /backup with the command dirsync /data /backup.
The first time, all data will be copied, but when you issue the command again, only the changed files are copied.
What is new in this release:
- Added: Right mouse click menu on in the sync queue contains now the option 'Change to:' to change the sync behavior of a single sync item.
- Improved: Total synchronization time will now stay shown in the progress bar.
- Improved: Online update dialog contains now a hyper link to the update changelog.
What is new in version 1.4:
- "DirSync Pro has got a powerful Schedule Engine which lets you schedule synchronization tasks on many different ways, minutely, hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Advanced users may use many options available in DirSync Pro to suit the synchronization behavior in details. A synchronization queue is added which lets you monitor the schedule engine activities.
- "You can now access the recently open documents right from the menu.
- "DirSync Pro can now auto-load the last opened document if you wish to.
- "DirSync Pro generates now command line exit codes which may be parsed for post processing. (0= Finished with No Errors, 1=Finished with Warnings or Non-fatal Errors, 2=Stopped due to fatal errors).
- "DirSync Pro is now able to create three types of logfiles: 1) Job specific log file which contain the events of a job, 2) Jobset log file which contain the events of all the jobs within the jobset, 3) Program log file which contain the events of all jobsets.
- "You may let DirSync Pro now to automatically create a command line for your sync job to run in a batch and you may even save it to a batch file (MS Windows: .cmd, Linux-like: .sh).
- "New option to ignore daylight saving granularity which could be useful when synchronizing between FAT and other file systems around the daylight saving period.
- "New option to synchronize directory timestamps, relevant for MS Windows.
- "New option to keep the sync queue after the synchronization so that it can be run again. This might help in case some items are not synchronized because of file system errors.
- "DirSync Pro can now be minimized to the system tray.
What is new in version 1.4 RC3:
- Fixed: Minor gui issues with the sync table auto resizing.
- Fixed: The stop button did not work when Synchronize button was clicked and the sync queue was empty. Fixed! (thanks to ArAge for the report)
- Fixed: When adding an Hourly, Weekly and Monthly schedule, the next event will be the next coming hour (thanks to John A. Sullivan III for the report).
- Fixed: When a new jobset file is saved as a new file, the Open Recent dialog gets updated right away.
- Fixed: Issue with the warning "DirSync Pro started with low memory" is fixed! (thanks to John A. Sullivan III for the report).
- Fixed: Issue with hanging license dialog on some linux systems (thanks to John A. Sullivan III for the report).
- Fixed: The tool tips for the buttons in the Message tab showed wrong text. Fixed! (thanks to John A. Sullivan III for the report).
- Improved: The help file is converted to PDF.
What is new in version 1.4 Beta 4:
- Implemented the 'Schedule Minutely' function to schedule a job recurrently every X minutes (feature request: Carlos).
- Status line on the schedule queue tab which shows the status of the schedule engine.
- Exit codes if an error has happened while synchronizing in batch mode: 0= Finished with No Errors, 1=Finished with Warnings or Non-fatal Errors, 2=Stopped due to fatal errors (feature request: Matthias Gutheil).
- DirSync Pro is now able to create three types of logfiles: 1) Job specific log file which contain the events of a job, 2) Jobset log file which contain the events of all the jobs within the jobset, 3) Program log file which contain the events of all jobsets.
- 'Default Config Path' and 'Default Log Path' issue is resolved.
- Redundant 'Aborted' warning in the messages.
- Done some rewriting on Logs to fix the issues around logs not being created in some cases (thanks to Lawson23 for the report).
- Changing the application settings will not clear the message tab (thanks to Gijs Noorlander for the report).
- After filtering the generated sync queue, it was not possible to remove individual entries from the queue. Fixed! (thanks to MI6 for the report).
- Look & feel issue in 'Java Metal theme' with the buttons 'Expand/Collapse All' and 'Enable All/None' is Fixed.
- Look & feel update issue for modal dialogs in 'Java Metal theme' is fixed.
- The filename columns in the Sync queue table are now resizable.
- The file size/date columns int he Sync queue get now automatically resized after Analyze/Synchronize actions (thanks to Angelo D'Agnano for the report/suggestion).
- After loading a jobset or after creating a new one, the main tab jumps back to the Jobtree tab.
- All the sub-dialogs are now decorated with DirSync Pro icon.
What is new in version 1.24:
- Fixed: In some cases the default log file was generated regardless of settings.
- Fixed: Filtering the synchronization Q works properly again now.
- Added: The destination directory will now be created if it does not exist.
What is new in version 1.23:
- Fixed: A typo fixed in the GUI (thanks to M.S. for reporting).
- Added: New option in the 'Options window' to set the default path for log files to the program folder (thanks to Dave P. for suggestion/reporting)
- Added: New option in the 'Options window' to set the default path for config files to the program folder.
- Added: New button to clean the messages log (thanks to M.S. for suggestion).
- Added: New option in the 'Dir Settings tab' to enable/disable logging for the directory profile.
- Added: New option in the 'Default Settings tab' to disable/enable logging when the directory profile is set to default settings.
- Added: The update dialog shows now the major changes since the last version.
- Improved: Illegal characters in the directory profile label are now replaced with '_' when using the label as a file name for logging. (thanks to John Erik Setsaas for reporting).
- Fixed: Default logging for directory profiles is now set back to 'disabled'. (thanks to Carlos for reporting)
- Fixed: Warnings on bidirectional conflict resolution are now shown properly (Thanks to B. Hata for reporting).
- Fixed: Some textual errors are fixed in the Help files (Thanks to B. Hata for reporting).