If you upload and download binary files to and from newsgroups you can use this to generate a set of PAR files. If you miss one or more of the binary files when downloading, the PAR files can be used to restore the missing files. Furthermore, if the file set contains a RAR archive, the program automatically unpacks it. Other file types, like stuffit files, are automatically forwared to the appropriate program. The program cooperates with Loek Jehee's Split&Concat to automatically join a segmented file.
What is new in this release:
- The application now processes archives created with rar version 5.
- Each finished unrar (both successful and unsuccessful) is reported in the notification center.
- Removed the option to automatically show the unrar result in the Finder; this is now accomplished by clicking the notification.
- If a rar archive contains just one item, the application does not create an enclosing folder anymore.
- If the unrar destination already exists on disk, the application now has the option to rename the existing item before extracting the new item.
- A number of stability and reliability improvements.