PeaZip for Windows 64 bit is a free ZIP software optimized for WIN64 systems.
The application is based on powerful and solid Open Source technology of 7-Zip for managing mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX) for supporting special purpose file formats and features, in order to provide a flexible zip/unzip/unrar utility featuring a comprehensive and user friendly GUI that, unlike most archive managers (i.e. WinZip and WinRar), is natively portable and cross-platform.
Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files
Open and extract over 150 archive types: RAR, ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RPM, UDF, ZIPX files.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), including many encrypted archives standards, supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion).
The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor. This design makes extremely simple to check (and update) items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component.
Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved and scheduled as batch scripts, in order to automate backup and restore operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
What is new in this release:
- PeaZip 5.6.1 release comes with revamped Help and Settings interface, and improved hotkeys for archive creation and extraction.
- RAR5 file format standard support is added as separate plugin available on Add-ons page, due the non-OSI compatible license of royalty-free RarLab's unrar.
- ZPAQ support is updated to 7.05 version, and it is introduced read/write support for BCM file compression format.
- LIBRE_DIRECTIVE allows users to disable calls to non-free software, helping program's deployment in OSI-compliant environments.
What is new in version 5.6.0:
Improved Help & Settings interface, added support for BCM and ZPAQ 7.05, various improvements in keyboard shortcuts, menus, and selection dialogs.
What is new in version 5.5.3:
Version 5.5.3 introduces new 7z 9.38 beta back-end for handling mainstream archive formats, improves context menu and navigation menu, and enhances address breadcrumb with clickable directory list for each node level.
What is new in version 5.5.1:
- Added support for scanning with Windows Defender.
- Information column, when browsing files, shows a note about file types which can be handled through PeaZip.
- Improved links to online resources.
- While operating, Pause button is highlighted instead of Stop by default, to prevent unaware click canceling running tasks.
- Fixed extraction to new folder from application's drag and drop context menu.
- New installation mode: "Update only" install new program's files and keeps existing system integration unchanged (file association, context menu, send to menu).
- Installer shows link to Help and FAQ pages.
- ISO files are not associated to PeaZip by default, to avoid overriding system's defaults unless explicitly requested by user.
- Configure system integration tool starts Custom installation mode by default, to prompt user all options.
What is new in version 5.5:
New batch file rename utilities. Advanced selection filters. Improved graphic files management. Tested on Windows 10 Technical Preview 64 bit.