This German version of this compression tool provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, and Z archives. WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command-line interface. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry-strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
What is new in this release:
Many security and bug fixes.
What is new in version 5.11:
- WinRAR can unpack TAR archives containing folders with pax extended headers. Previous versions failed to unpack them.
- "Keep broken files" extraction option is supported for 7-Zip archives.
- Bugs fixed:
- WinRAR 5.10 did not set "hidden", "read-only" and "system" file attributes when unpacking ZIP archives;
- WinRAR 5.10 failed to update self-extracting RAR archives containing nested ZIP archives stored without compression;
- ZIP archive created with "Do not store paths" option included unnecessary empty name records for folders;
- archived files could have 1 hour modification time error in Windows XP;
- Deleting a file in RAR5 solid archive containing files stored with -ver switch caused such files to lose version information;
- Black rectangles were displayed instead of toolbar buttons in 16- and 24- bit screen color modes and Windows custom text size larger than 100%.