Directory Lister Pro allows you to create and then save, print or send via e-mail listings of files from selected directories on hard disks, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, floppy, USB storages and network shares. Listing can be in HTML, text or Microsoft Excel and CSV format or saved directly into a database. You can print standard file information like file name, extension, type, owner and attributes as well as executable file information (EXE, DLL, OCX) like file version, description, company. Also multimedia properties (MP3, AVI, WAV, JPEG, GIF, BMP, MP4, MXF) like track, title, artist, album, genre, video format, bits per pixel, frames per second, audio format, bits per channel can be listed. Another set of columns you can print is for Microsoft Office files (DOC, XLS, PPT) so you can see document title, author, keywords. without opening these files one after another. For each file it is also possible to obtain its CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512 or Whirlpool hash number so you can verify the file has not been modified. Extensive number of options allows you to completely customize the visual look of the output, so you can change sorting, column order, display format, create links to files and change HTML styles. You can limit the files you list by applying a filter for filename, date, size or attributes. Directory Lister Pro can also be integrated into the context menu of Windows Explorer so you don't even need to open the application to generate listings. Command line interface is supported for automated listings that can be run from Windows Task Scheduler.
What is new in this release:
- + Added Microsoft Excel as an output option.
- * Zip archives are now also shown in the left tree when 'Treat archives as directories' option is selected.
- * Added support for ZIP64 archives.
- * Date fields can now show dates since year 1601 and not only since 1970.
- * Directory Lister uses now SQLite database internally so it is possible to list more than 500,000 files also with HTML, text and CSV outputs (and not only with Database output).
- + Added option to filter directories by their total size or just the size of the directory itself.
- + Added option to filter directories by file count or total file count.
- + Added option to display (VBR) text in Audio Bit Rate column if Variable Bit Rate is detected.
- + Added option to prefix file number with zeros.
- * Speeded up reading folder selection on startup.
- * Enable text tree also for directories not sorted by name.
- + Added .m2ts to the list of recognized extensions.
- + Added option to show milliseconds in file times.
- + Added option to treat directory links (symbolic links and junction points) as directories.
- + Added option to group folders at a specified level.
- + Added displaying of the currently loaded configuration in the application title bar and option to save it.
- * Link shortcut overlays are now displayed in the tree when "Use real folder icons" option is selected.
- * Directories tree has now more space between icons.
- * Recognize also older ID3v2 standards (ID3v2.2.0,ID3v2.3.0).
- + Added option to save HTML Styles into the Quick HTML Style menu.
- + Subfolders can be created in Application Data folder to show quick configurations in submenus.
- * Included the unrar.dll as a static library so it doesn't crash on Windows 8.
- + Added format specifiers for files, directories and date in the title line.
- + Added option to append records to existing table in database output.
- + Added additional option for hiding empty parent directories.
- * Folder links (reparse points, junction points, symlinks) are not treated as folders to prevent endless folder loops.
- * Hide empty directories option now works with tree display.
- + Added Open Document Format properties (.odt, .ods, .odp, .odg, .odf).
What is new in version 2.07:
- Added Explorer Mode - new HTML type output which resembles Windows Explorer view.
- Column names row can now be styled separately from the header row in HTML output.
- Added SHA-256 and SHA-512 hash sums.
- Added support for MXF files (Enterprise edition only).
- Only selected hashes are now counted which speeds up generating them significantly.
What is new in version 2.02:
Version 2.0 has folder filters and new user experience and interface.
What is new in version 1.64:
Version 1.64 fixed endless loop in broken PDF files.