FreeFileSync is a free backup software that helps you to compare and synchronize files and folders on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is designed to save your time setting up and running backup jobs while having nice visual feedback along the way.
Features: Detect moved and renamed files and folders. Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service). Detect conflicts and propagate deletions. Binary file comparison. Configure handling of Symbolic Links. Automate sync as a batch job. Process multiple folder pairs. Comprehensive and detailed error reporting. Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse). Copy NTFS security permissions. Support long file paths with more than 260 characters. Fail-safe file copy. Cross-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X. Expand environment variables like %USERPROFILE%. Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks). Native 64-bit support. Keep versions of deleted/updated files. Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence. Full Unicode support. Highly optimized runtime performance. Include/exclude files via filter. FreeFileSync portable and local installation available. Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32. Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups. Case-sensitive synchronization. Built-in locking: serialize multiple jobs running against the same network share.
What is new in this release:
- New installation command line option /disable_updates
- Fixed crash when closing main dialog during sync
- Fixed RealTimeSync crash after recursive mutex locking
- Improved file copy performance on macOS
- Clean up obsolete files during installation
- Don't use threads for running async command line (Linux)
- Avoid main dialog flash after minimized sync
- Disable file list export until after comparison
- Directly close progress dialog during sync
- Redirect escape key from main dialog to progress dialog
- Fixed startup delay during consistency checks
- Updated translation files
What is new in version 9.1:
Version 9.1: Fixed crash when getting invalid data after item type check. Fixed copying symlinks pointing to network folders. Support resolving network paths in the NT namespace.
What is new in version 7.6:
Create missing synchronization base folders only on demand Improved main grid text search performance by 40% Restore correct main dialog height after restart (Linux) [...] Keywords: free backup software, synchronize folders, synchronize files
What is new in version 7.2:
Version 7.2 adds support for synchronization with SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and detailed error reporting when checking folder existence.
What is new in version 7.0:
Support synchronization with MTP devices (Android, iPhone, tablet, digital camera)
Implemented file system abstraction layer
New database format supporting generic file ids
What is new in version 6.7: