PrimeFiles lets you quickly access, organize, browse, find and preview your favorite and frequently used apps and files. PrimeFiles is a useful complement to the Apple Dock. If you are already used to an application like iPhoto, PrimeFiles will seem very familiar.Your desktop is always a mess?
Clean up your desktop and keep your dock minimal. Add your favorite and frequently used files to PrimeFiles. Because PrimeFiles will keep references to the original files, you can move the original files in the Finder without breaking the link.Do you want to keep things together?
Organize your Applications, Documents, Movies, Photos, Bookmark files and more in categories for quick access at any time. Keep all items related to a certain task or job together without rearranging the original files. All files will be still available and accessible in the Finder. No files are moved to a proprietary database.Are you more visually oriented?
Zoomable, preview-style thumbnails gives you a sneak peek of each file. This visual display makes it much easier to locate a document while browsing a category.A file name is not enough?
You can add tags (keywords) to even make it easier to locate items. Once a keyword has been added, you can also locate the item by keyword using Spotlight. You can use comments to store additional information for each item like the eMail address for application support, where a graphic has been found on the Internet etc.Way too many windows?
With PrimeFiles, your important files or folders are just one click or key stroke away. Launch applications, open documents or browse folders within a single window. PrimeFiles is always at your service without being in your way.
- Keep all related files in categories for quick access.
- Launch applications or open documents in the default application right away.
- iPhoto like browser for your apps and files.
- Browse added folders with the context menu quickly.
- Zoomable, preview-style thumbnails of movies, photos, documents and more.
- Finder like "Quick Look" window.
- Tag your files with keywords, add a ranking or comment (uses OpenMeta).
- Added files are still in place and also available and accessible in the Finder.
- Add your bookmark files (.webloc) and a preview of the web page will be created.
What is new in this release:
- Improved 10.8 (Mountain Lion) compatibility.