TuneSpan is an utility that allows you to browse and span your iTunes Library. TuneSpan helps you easily move the media files (Music, Movies, etc.) in your iTunes Library to multiple drives, avoiding the pitfalls of moving files manually. TuneSpan lets you browse and keep track of media in your iTunes Library on all drives, whether they're connected or not, and makes it clear to you what is and isn't currently available to play in iTunes. TuneSpan also offers sophisticated filtering options that aren't available in iTunes.
There are several reasons you may need TuneSpan: you're running out of space. You have a big iTunes Library on your internal drive and you want to move some (or all) of it to an external drive. TuneSpan helps you do this easily and seamlessly while cleaning up after itself and allowing you to always keep track of where everything is .You store a lot of Movies/TV Shows in iTunes and you want to re-organize your media (i.e., move all your videos to an external drive). With TuneSpan, you can easily select a whole Media Type and move the files wherever you choose, while continually being able to see where the files are, move them around again, or restore them easily. You need more space temporarily.
TuneSpan offers a fast way to move gigabytes of files in your iTunes Library to free up space. Later, you can easily restore your files to their original locations while keeping your iTunes Library perfectly intact.You regularly add new Music, Movies, Podcasts, etc. With TuneSpan you can easily move older media (or media you don't listen to as much) to an external drive while keeping your default iTunes Media location the same. Is there anything TuneSpan can't span? Unfortunately, TuneSpan can't span files that aren't included in the readable XML iTunes Library file.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed a bug where Home Videos would get mis-categorized as Music instead of Movies because of a change in iTunes 12.
- Improved loading album artwork (again) and fixed an artwork loading bug introduced in the last version.
- Improved type selection in Column Browser and Track List.
- Added Dimensions and HD status to Video tab in the Get Info window.
- Changes throughout the interface to fit in better on Yosemite, and updated interface icons to match Yosemite and iTunes 12.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements throughout.
What is new in version 1.2.1:
* Create Custom Static Folders to add to your Spanned Media Folder Organization.
* Fixed various issues to support future versions of OS X.
* Added option to "Change Filenames Based on Current iTunes Metadata" in the Advanced Preferences.
* Improved Smart Album Column to show larger artwork more often and tweaked section layout.
* Fixed issue where TuneSpan would not prompt to Trash Files for Deleted Tracks on initial load after launching.
* Fixed issue with Album Artwork loading that could cause TuneSpan to stall.
* Fixed possible issue where tracks may not get properly marked as Spanned when recovering from a crash while spanning.
* Various other minor bug fixes and improvements.