Relax and Recover (abbreviated rear) is a highly modular disaster recovery framework for GNU/Linux based systems.
Relax and Recover can be easily extended to other UNIX alike systems.
- Focus on Disaster Recovery
- Modular concept
- For Linux and other Unix-like operations systems
- No external dependancies - use only standard software supplied with the distribution
- encryption (optional) - openssl ?
- Linux: kernel > 2.6 supported (no kernel 2.2/2.4 support !)
- User friendly - minimal output, use log file for error messages and details
What is new in this release:
- Integrated with duply/duplicity support. systemd support has been added.
- Various small fixes and improvements to tape support, Xen, PPC, Gentoo, Fedora, multi-arch, storage layout configuration, and serial console integration.
What is new in version 1.11.0:
- Standardization of the command line.
- The default is quiet output; use the option -v for the old behavior.
- Boot images now have a comprehensive boot menu.
- Support for IPv6 addresses.
- Restoring NBU backup from a point in time is supported.
- Support for Fedora 15 (systemd) and RHEL6/SL6.
- Improved handling of HP SmartArray.
- Support for ext4 on RHEL5/SL5.
- Support for Xen paravirtualization.
- Integration with the local GRUB menu.
- Boot images can now be centralized through network transfers.
- Support for udev on RHEL4.
- Many small improvements and performance enhancements.
What is new in version 1.7.15:
- updated man.8 page - _input-output-functions.sh and rear main script: added quiet mode - rear main script: initialize KEEP_BUILD_DIR to cleanup build dir under /tmp/rear.$$ - 01_mk_config_dir_recovery.sh: mode 755 became 750 - default.conf: add $VAR_DIR to COPY_AS_IS variable - 40_restore_with_nbu.sh: remove -l -y options from bprestore - 45_check_nbu_client_configured.sh: return warning instead of quitting with error - introduced VAR_DIR (/var/rear) for moving /etc/rear/recovery to /var/rear/recovery (system recovery data) - going over all *.sh scripts to modify $CONFIG_DIR/recovery into $VAR_DIR/recovery - build/default/50_patch_sshd_config.sh: build test around the sshd_config file update - moved 09_only_include_vg.sh from prep to dr phase