SPA stands for single page applications, also known as one-page apps.
Mozaic is a simple project boilerplate for building such AJAX-rich applications that work both in the browser and on mobile environments.
Mozaic makes use of renowned and well-tested JS technologies like RequireJS, CoffeeScript and Backbone.js.
- Reusable widgets
- Support for complex interactions
- Templated output
- Functions asynchronously
- Hash-based routing
What is new in this release:
- PubSub component is now implemented using Backbone.Events
- Tens of improvements for garbage collection, reference management and unbinding - including a jQuery patch for preventing caching of selector results
- scrollable_widget now supports binding both to the global scroll (of the window) and to the local scroll (of the widget). We recommend using CSS3 for webkit styling of scrollbars and not using 3rd party libraries (it gets messy fast)
- Fixed a number of WidgetStarter bugs which caused widgets to be initialized twice, or detached from DOM twice. We will push this even further in release 0.5
- Added documentation about widgets and channels in the docs/ folder.
What is new in version 0.2:
- Improved widget starter which now uses DOM Mutation events in order to detect when new widgets are added / removed
- Forms support
- Datasource now supports "streampoll", a type of smart poll for a data channel which represents a stream; use-cases are twitter-like feeds where new items appear all the time
- Support for automatic inclusion of files in index.html (actually this is a precursor to bundling, but our script just didn't make it in this release)
- Loading animation by default
- Support for adding new items to collections and deleting items from collections in Datasource
- Almost complete isolation of widget crashes (automatic wrapping of all instance methods and new Module() calls)