Ringo is not a be-all, end-all framework for Python, but a specialized solution for Web-based applications.
It comes packed with all the basic tools a developer might need to quickly get going on his Python Web projects.
What is new in this release:
- Added Label field to the roles module.
- Added new "fixture" command in ringo-admin to load and save fixtures.
- Added new "revision" db command in ringo admin to generate a new (autogenerated) alembic migration script.
- Added fixtures for initial data.
- Support german locale in datefields. (Requires new formbar)
- Added showall option for Listfieldrenderer to show all elements regardless if the user is allowed to read the item. If the user is not allowed to read the item no link to open the item will be rendererd.
- When creating a new user a usergroup for the new user will be generatated automatically. The new usergroup will be set as default usergroup for the new user if no other group is set while creation.
- The documentation is now opened in a new browser window instead of opening it in a modal popup window.
- Modal dialogs can not be closed by clicking in the background.
- Reimplemented openmodal function in listingfields. Has been removed by accident.
- Changed behaviour of the onlylinked attribute in listingfields. Also removes the checkboxes now as there is no reason to link/unlink items if only the linked items should be displayed.
- The create method of factories now require a values attribute! It is not optional but can be empty to get the old behaviour.
- Pre 1.0 Migration scripts removed. The older migrations scripts are now replaced by one single script. The alembic version of this version is still the same so that future migration scripts can be applied to old applications as well.
What is new in version 0.18.0:
- Improved exporting.
- Improved overview and searching.
- Added support for translations in extensions.
- Added option to set a custom header with logo above the navbar more easily.
- Insert scaffold of a formdefinition when creating a new form.
- Status messages are now rendered at the top of the page.
What is new in version 0.11.1:
- Another try to fix caching problems.
What is new in version 0.3.2:
- User custom extractor from formbar for translation string in XML form configuration. No need to mark strings in the configurations as translatable.
- Removed lingua requirement.
- Added support for translations in the basic scaffold.