FTPhoto is an online ordering solution for photo labs and related industries. It provides an intuitive, simple and thorough means for the lab's customer to pick image files, and create an order with special instructions. It then uploads the files and order form to the lab's FTP server. The order form is encrypted to safely convey sensitive personal and payment information. The listed price provides a release version of FTPhoto that is branded with the lab's name and logo, targeted to a specified account on the lab's server, and includes the typical customizations necessary, to the GUI, for the lab's specific needs. The lab is also supplied with an application to decode the incoming orders. Additional customization is subject to quotation.
What is new in this release:
- FTPhoto configuration settings can now be set by lab's server administrator, and updated online, instead of being hard-coded. For instance, it is now possible for the administrator, when desirable or necessary, to change connection details to the FTP server, without breaking existing clients. For the lab, the FTPhoto package now includes an administration tool for this purpose.
- Changed method of obtaining the user's IP address, which is printed on the order form.
- Corrected an issue, on some servers, with FTPhoto being unable to delete the order directory on the server, when an upload was aborted and the order cancelled. This had caused FTPhoto, on next launch, to "nag" incorrectly that there were unfinished uploads in the queue.
- Implemented a more efficient method for handling customer information and application preferences.
- Online help now accesses correctly under Windows.
- Corrected an issue with the "saved order" feature, for when the order included a third-party shipping address. However, this means that saved orders from previous versions cannot be read. This is not expected to be a problem for most (if any) users.
In the demo version, our own FTP server plays the role of a fictitious photo lab, and will receive the