The Winstep Nexus Dock is a free Windows dock application that provides fast access to your most frequently used applications, with flexible options allowing it to dock or float anywhere on the screen. Every feature you would expect from a dock and then more, including widgets, many different mouse-over effects, skins, drag-and-drop, ability to display running applications and the system tray, Windows 7 "superbar" ability with Aeropeek, live icon reflections and support for Windows Aero Glass effects.
What is new in this release:
Version 16.5 includes the following enhancements:
- New colorization options.
- Faster and more convenient access to colorization options.
- Wallpaper hot-track now works with Windows 7 slideshow mode.
- New 'Auto Backup Settings' internal command.
- 3D dock backgrounds no longer get distorted at certain icon sizes.
- Capture Desktop screenshot tool can now save screenshots in PNG format.
- Many other performance and stability improvements!
What is new in version 16.3:
Version 16.3 includes the following enhancements:
- Performance and stability improvements.
What is new in version 16.2:
Version 16.2 includes the following enhancements:
- Windows can now be minimized to the dock.
- New effects panel to help visualize, select and configure all available mouse-over, launch and attention effects.
- New 'Shake' and 'Fade in' effects. Previously existing Flash and Jump effects can now be used as launch, mouse-over and attention effects.
- New clock module associated alarm to display pop-up reminders, wake you up with music or run programs at specific times, once or periodically.
- New 'CD Control' internal command displays type of media inserted in the drive and provides eject and load media functions.
- New 'Lookup IP Address' internal command returns public IP address, location and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Dramatically improved the smoothness of the dock for size and position changes, inserting items into the dock and when changing icons.
- Major performance improvements with new options added to the Performance Settings dialog.
- Vastly improved the Weather module's location detection based on user's current IP address.
- Weather information is now immediately updated after returning from Sleep or Hibernation.
- Weather module now uses the sunrise and sunset times provided by the weather feed to know when to display a Sun or a Moon icon.
- Running applications on the left side of the dock now display number of open instances.
- Left clicking the dock's control icon now opens Nexus Preferences.
- Major re-organization of the User Interface.
- Improved high-DPI support.
- The Winstep Update Manager can now hide specific updates.
- Many other performance and stability improvements.
What is new in version 15.7:
Version 15.7 includes the following enhancements:
- Full compatibility with Windows 10.
- New 'Task View' internal command to invoke Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Manager.
- Always on Bottom docks no longer pop up on mouseover.
- Size of running application thumbnails can now range up to 512x512 pixels.
- Many other misc.improvements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 14.11:
Version 14.11 includes the following enhancements:
- New Internal Commands.
- New Pin to dock context menu option..
- Improved Windows 8.x support.
- Updated weather widget feeds.
- Misc.bug fixes.