Winstep Xtreme is a suite of Windows user interface replacement applications that merge usability and performance with breathtaking eye candy. Winstep Xtreme includes: NeXuS Ultimate, the dock system with live icon reflections. WorkShelf, a tabbed dock. NextStart, the menu system that also takes care of all your task management needs with Windows 7 "Superbar" capabilities. Winstep Start Menu Organizer, which helps you organize and clean your Windows Start Menu. Fontbrowser, a simple font browser with an easy to use interface. Desktop widgets such as a speaking atomic clock, calendar, e-mail checker, weather monitor, recycler, moon phase, fortune cookie reader, CPU, Net, and RAM meters.
What is new in this release:
Version 17.1 includes the following enhancements:
- High quality multi-language voice packs.
- New Calendar module.
- New Moon Phase module.
- Shelf smooth scrolling.
- Independent sub-dock settings.
- New Alarm Manager options with Calendar module integration.
- Faster and simpler update process.
What is new in version 16.9:
Version 16.9 includes the following enhancements:
- Updated Brazilian language file.
- Added a 'View Change Log' button to the Version Information dialog (which opens when you click the version number in the top right corner of the About tab in Preferences). Clicking the button opens another dialog which interfaces with the history files and makes it easier to see the additions and bug fixes in each release.
- Added a 'Check Internet Connection' button to the Troubleshooting dialog in Preferences, to help diagnose Internet communication problems.
- The Shelf icon cache is no longer destroyed when changing drive media or adding/removing drives.
- After more than a decade, NOAA discontinued the web site from where METAR information was retrieved. Updated URLs and parsing code so METAR information is now successfuly retrieved from www.aviationweather.gov.
- The Battery module 'Overlap information on battery icon' setting can now be independently set for vertical and horizontal styles.
- Some applications (such as Firefox or UWP apps) were wrongly being identified as full screen when maximized on monitors without a taskbar or with a auto-hide taskbar. This caused screen edge bumps, etc, to be temporarily ignored (edge bumps are disabled so they do not activate accidentally when the user is playing a full screen game, for instance).
- Fixed a couple of instances where the CD Control icon or drive icons in a Drives tab of the Shelf might not be properly updated after a media or drive change.
- The 'Hide for maximized applications' setting was also triggering the dock to hide if you clicked on the Desktop.
- Changes to the default Weather feed source URLs were not being applied until weather cache information became stale.
- The Email Checker failed on IMAP servers that sent a CAPABILITY response just after login or didn't add OK to the STATUS command response.
- Pressing OK in the Menu Editor was discarding any changes made to the currently selected item after selecting it for the first time.
What is new in version 16.6:
Version 16.6 includes the following enhancements:
- Universal (UWP) Windows 10 Apps are now handled like normal Windows applications.
- New Fast Boot startup option.
- Now compatible with Stardock WindowBlinds themes and Windows color schemes.
- Wallpaper hot-track now also works with the Windows 10 wallpaper slideshow.
- Many additions and tweaks to the User Interface on high DPI systems.
- Effect and other persistent bitmaps moved from the main EXE to separate resource DLLs.
- Fixed major potential memory leak introduced in v16.2.
- Many other performance and stability improvements.
What is new in version 16.5:
Version 16.5 includes the following enhancements:
- Taskbar now supports high DPI settings
- New battery module customization options.
- New colorization options.
- Faster and more convenient access to colorization options.
- Wallpaper hot-track now works with Windows 7 slideshow mode.
- New 'Auto Backup Settings' internal command.
- 3D dock backgrounds no longer get distorted at certain icon sizes.
- Capture Desktop screenshot tool can now save screenshots in PNG format.
- Many other performance and stability improvements!
What is new in version 16.3:
Version 16.3 includes the following enhancements:
- Performance and stability improvements.
What is new in version 16.2:
Version 16.2 includes the following enhancements:
- Windows can now be minimized to the dock.
- New battery/UPS monitor module with power event logging and notifications.
- New effects panel to help visualize, select and configure all mouse-over, launch and attention effects.
- 10 new amazing launch, mouse-over and attention effects.
- New clock module alarms to display pop-up reminders, wake you up with music or run programs at specific times, once or periodically.
- New 'CD Control' internal command displays type of media inserted in the drive and provides eject and load media functions.
- New 'Lookup IP Address' internal command returns public IP address, location and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Dramatically improved the smoothness of docks for size and position changes, inserting items into docks and when changing icons.
- Major performance improvements with new options added to the Performance Settings dialog.
- Vastly improved the Weather module's location detection based on user's current IP address.
- Weather information is now immediately updated after returning from Sleep or Hibernation.
- Weather module now uses the sunrise and sunset times provided by the weather feed to know when to display a Sun or a Moon icon.
- Running applications on the left side of the dock now display number of open instances.
- Left clicking a dock's control icon now opens the dock's Properties panel.
- Major re-organization of the User Interface.
- Improved existing high-DPI support for desktop modules and in the User Interface.
- The Winstep Update Manager can now hide specific updates.
- Many other performance and stability improvements.
What is new in version 15.7:
Version 15.7 includes the following enhancements:
- Full compatibility with Windows 10.
- Improved first run experience.
- New 'Task View' internal command to invoke Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Manager.
- New 'Restore Wallpaper' internal command to restore previous Windows wallpaper.
- Improved handling of Quick Launch items.
- Always on Bottom docks no longer pop up on mouseover.
- Running application preview thumbnails can now range up to 512x512 pixels.
- Added 'Icon Labels' sub-menu to the Shelf context menu.
- Many other misc.improvements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 14.11:
Version 14.11 includes the following enhancements:
- New Internal Commands.
- New Pin to Dock context menu option in docks.
- New Pin to Taskbar context menu option in the taskbar.
- Improved Windows 8.x support.
- Updated weather widget feeds.
- Misc.bug fixes.