DBGL is a Java frontend for DOSBox, based largely upon the proven interface of D-Fend.
DBGL serves as a frontend / Graphical User Interface to DOSBox (configuration). It tries to make creating DOSBox configuration files a little easier by offering a (relatively) simple interface, some shortcuts and a little bit of intelligence (DOSBox behavior). Once your DOS games are configured in DBGL, its very easy to setup or start them, or alter their configuration or associated DOSBox version.
What is new in this release:
- Added 4 new custom text-fields for profiles (RetroFAN).
- Always scale thumb to max dimensions fitting in the clientarea (display resolution), and auto center thumb dialog.
- Altered language dropdown in preferences dialog to also show the native language names.
- Show program version in about dialog (Giorgos).
- Added new XSL for profile-list export to HTML5 using a Vogons theme.
- Fix for setting 'fullresolution=desktop'; In some cases the 'fullresolution' dropdown in DBGL would not allow selection of the value 'desktop' (Jan-Peter).
- Fix for thumb/file order on Windows platform (marquisor).
- Fixed rare crash-bug when deleting thumb images (Neville).
- More accurately determine linux desktop folder for shortcuts (Giorgos).
- Fixed CSV profiles-list export column names (proper casing and proper custom labels).
- Fixed MobyGames profile reader for "Bong Bong" (no developer, no developer link in Credits section and no closing [add credits] link).
- Removed support for searching hotud.org now that the website is offline.
- Spanish translation update from Neville, French translation update by max buttjer.
- Updated SWT libs to 22.214.171.124, Jersey to 2.25.1, CommonsIO to 2.5, CommonsLang to 3.5 and JUnit to 4.12.
What is new in version 0.80:
- Added basic event logging and a new dialog (File->Log..) to view DBGL's log (history), sort it, filter it (right-click on a table field), enable or disable it, or clear the log.
- Implemented basic statistics for profiles, DOSBox versions and templates such as creation time, number of starts, etc.
- Fixed grabbing screenshots and cover-art from MobyGames.
- Many improvements for Linux and Mac users; Implemented alternative DOSBox startup mode for both platforms which should help when using for example YkhWong's DOSBox builds (Lewis). Also fixed the automatic creation of dosbox.conf for a newly added DOSBox version (Jan Baumann) and improved the logic for opening the associated application upon clicking a link.
- A workaround on Mac systems where browsing for the DOSBox executable inside a DOSBox.app wasn't very user-friendly. Now you should be able to simply point to your DOSBox.app (Jan Baumann).
- A few improvements for the Add Game Wizard: Allow for choosing the DOSBox version in the wizard when installing a game from source media, and fixed a weird error message when using CD cue+bin images located in the dosroot folder or below.
- Some minor GUI improvements here and there such as button sizes for high-dpi systems.
- Major cleanup of source code layout and the translation files. Updated SWT to 4.5.1 and commons-lang to 3.4.
What is new in version 0.79:
- Implemented DOSBox configuration sharing - share your DOSBox configurations with the community. A small database and HTTP RESTful service allows for submission and retrieval of configurations. The submissions are moderated by hand for the coming time. Once accepted, your submitted configurations become available to other DBGL users so that they can use them for setting up their game configuration. If you're a developer and are interested in using this public RESTful service, please contact me via Vogons or e-mail.
- Added support for the -fs and -size parameters when using the DOSBOx imgmount command. If you'd like to use the hdd image-mounting feature using an existing DBGL installation, you need to make a manual change in settings.conf. Please find the line for imgmount_type (around line 278) and add hdd, like so: imgmount_type=iso floppy hdd
- Added support for booting from a specific drive letter (for example 'boot hdd.img -l C').
- Fixed a regression (since version 0.75c) when using multiple booter images, on opening of the profile-editing dialog only the first image-file would be filled in.
- Refactored and improved boot/mount/imgmount command parsing.
- Improved opening links associated with a profile so that the correct external application is used (Jan Larres).
- Fixed importing GamePackArchives with very specific files on Windows systems (Neville).
- Fixed a couple of rare crash-issues, various minor interface improvements.
- Added a Greek translation by BraiNKilleR, a Slovenian translation from R33D3M33R, a Finnish translation from Joona Murtovaara and a Portugese-Brazillian translation by Odmar Miranda. Some translation improvements for Spanish and Polish done by Neville and ZeroX4.
- Upped the system requirements from Java 1.5 to Java 1.7.
- Updated launch4j, commons-io, commons-lang and Junit. A jersey-2.13 lib was added and SWT was updated to 4.4.2. On Linux systems, GTK2 is used in favor of GTK3, for the moment.
What is new in version 0.78:
Contains various fixes related to game information retrieval (from MobyGames.com, Pouet.net etc.). Also available is a new brand new GamePackArchive: Ancient DOS Games Collection III.!!