SDLMAME is an "embedded port" of the popular MAME, by which I mean that although Couriersud and I maintain it, it's included with the main MAME source tree (starting with MAME 0.138). There are a few principles that guide its development: 1) run on Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and other SDL supported operating systems with as few changes as possible to the base Windows code. This means we can track changes faster than larger more conventional ports such as MacMAME, and we also maintain what I call "Firefox compatibilty" where learning a major app only needs to be done once per application, and it then applies across many operating systems. If you use the command-line Windows MAME, you already know how to use SDLMAME on any platform you may encounter it on. 2) MAME developers are important. By keeping quickly up to date, we make it easy for people on non-Windows platforms to make and submit changes to the core MAME code, and we offer native implementations of MAME's multi-window GUI debugger on both Linux/Unix and Mac OS X.
What is new in this release:
- 05046: [Crash/Freeze] (megatech.c) megatech, all sms-based sets: [debug]
Crash after OK (sronco)
- 05042: [Documentation] (ataxx.c) ataxxj: Missing documentation that is on the title screen.
- 04948: [Gameplay] (pgm.c) kov and clones: resets to title screen
stage 6 (winter stage) (iq_132)
- 00007: [DIP/Input] (8080bw.c) invrvnge: The cocktail DIP has no effect. (hap)
- 05036: [Gameplay] (ninjakd2.c) omegafs: Failure to finish post + reset (hap)
- 05028: [Gameplay] (system1.c) shtngmste: The gun crosshair vs gun hit
position offset is wrong (hap)