Ever wanted to try oil painting but not had the equipment and been worried about the mess? Or perhaps you're an artist with a computer but no desire to learn complex new tools in a digital environment or a digital artist wanting a touch of real media? By providing a set of painting and drawing tools that simulate familiar, real world tools ArtRage lets you try out a wide range of different artistic styles in a single, easy to use application.
ArtRage provides 20 painting tools that come with a wide range of settings and presets allowing you to create many more unique variants. The Oil Paint tool lets you smear and blend paint on the canvas, tracking the volume of paint and how wet it is so that strokes interact realistically with existing media. The Watercolor tool creates delicate blends and wet merged strokes as you paint. The Paint Tube and Palette Knife let you work with bold, thick pigment and heavy texture, and a variety of other painting and sketching tools complete the artistic toolkit. It's like working on a real canvas, there's no need to understand digital processes to get a realistic result.
Along with the natural painting tools ArtRage provides a range of utilities that make it easier to create artwork, including Rulers and Stencils, Tracing and Reference Images, Paint Symmetry, and many other systems that add a touch of digital convenience to the creative process without getting in the way.
What is new in this release:
- Contains all the features of ArtRage 3 Studio Pro.
- Paint Symmetry: Use configurable axes of symmetry to create automatically mirrored strokes across the canvas as you work.
- Scraps and Views: Create scraps of canvas to do test strokes on or use as a mixing palette without damaging your main canvas. Views act as alternative windows in to the canvas, allowing you to view it at multiple locations and zoom levels at once.
- Clone Tool: A new clone tool gives you flexible options for cloning portions of your canvas.
- Workbench Mode: Collapse the entire interface in to a single toolbar and work with a clean screen. The Pinboard feature lets you pin important samples, layers, presets, and other items to the Workbench Toolbar for quick access.
- Toolbox Panel: A single panel that you can fill with the presets, colors, stencils, layers, and other items that are important to the current painting you are working on. The Toolbox is a single composite location for the important features you need in your current project.
- Gradient Fills: Create procedural gradient fills using a variety of application methods. Supports Photoshop gradient format files for import.
- Non-Uniform Transformations: Perspective and flexible transformations let you deform layer content.
- Additional Wacom Stylus Support: Supports the Wacom Airbrush Stylus thumb-wheel, 6D Art Pen barrel rotation, and other properties with configurable options. Also supports Stylus ID, allowing you to assign specific presets to specific styluses if you use more than one.
- Colored papers, backup file saving, a redesigned interface for easier workflow, enhanced presets.
Limited save resolution and export formats