Boxshot features a large selection of customizable shapes: software boxes, books, CD, DVD, and Blu-ray boxes, cards, cans, mugs, bags, and much more. Almost all the shapes are customizable so you can adjust them for your design. If you need more shapes, simply load them. Boxshot supports loading of FBX, 3DS, and Collada (DAE) files to use in scenes. Boxshot can resize shapes according to your graphics. You don't need to adjust your images for our shapes, Boxshot adjusts the shapes for you.
What is new in this release:
- Raytracer 2 has become the main rendering engine, and the old RayTracer is now deprecated. We're going to completely drop it in version 5;
- Bump maps are now exported to Collada and OBJ formats;
- Sphere object has been updated to make it seamless. Mapping was affected a bit, so check your scenes;
- Background image placement has been fixed in raytracing preview;
- 7-pages booklet issue has been fixed;
- Snapshots can be activated by name from scripts;
- The reflection of semi-transparent images has been fixed;
- Collada importer improved to handle percent-encoded paths;
- Augment publisher updated (give it a try if you haven't done this yet).