BeerAlchemy aims to make creating great beers easier. It offers recipe formulation tools that give the brewer immediate feedback on how changes they make will affect their finished beers. The program supports all-grain, partial mash and extract brewing as well as both fly and batch sparging. It also helps the brewer keep organised by storing all their recipes and batches in a familiar folder-based system. Brewers can export their recipes as web pages, PDFs or in the BeerXML and .rec file formats to share their recipes with others.
An extensive ingredients database as well as many predefined mash schedules are included and may be edited to suit the brewer. he program also includes inventory management tools and an integrated shopping facility with built-in web browser and Skype support. The application also includes quick brewing calculators for beer colour, bitterness, specific gravity corrections, mash calculations, refractometers and pitching rate that continue to function after the demo period has finished.
What is new in this release:
- Add printing support to Inventory.
- Improve handling of sugars.
- Fix error in BJCP2015 Style 4C.
What is new in version 2.0.24:
- Resolves some issues around number entry.
What is new in version 2.0.23:
- Fixes rare potential crash when adding a hop to a recipe.
- Fixes to number parsing/output where the thousands separator is a space.
- Fixes to ingredient import/updates to prevent the possibility of overwriting user edits.
- Fixes for editing in popovers.
- Fixes to Profiles.
- BeerAlchemy now requires Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
What is new in version 2.0.18:
- Fix possible crash on leaving Orders.
- Fix issue where order items could be corrupted.
- Change wording on some menus.