DVDpedia is a DVD cataloging software for Mac OS X. To save you time and effort, it retrieves all DVD information from the Internet and lets you arrange your DVDs in any which way you like. Using DVDpedia comes naturally because of its familiar iTunes style interface.
What is new in this release:
What is new in version 5.5:
- Pocketpedia TV support.
- Fixes to spacing of filter footer for non-english localizations.
- Title attribute of web page added as name for imported links.
- Semi-colon handled as divider in CSV import.
- Open CineMaterial menu command added to contextual menu on the main cover image.
- Bug fix: Improved Pocketpedia syncing across various network setups.
- Plugin: Italian DVD Store plugin updated by Andrea (thank you!), now includes barcode search.
- Plugin: IAFD plugin updated and now available on the Bruji extras page for download.
- Plugin: Moviemeter updates.
- Bug fix: TMDb search of an item without a summary could not be added.
- Bug fix: Bol NL updated for https and images.
- Bug fix: Linked text files containing accents were not displayed correctly in the internal viewer.
- Bug fix: Import of video files could fail for some custom Video Height and Video Width fields if the metadata was not in the correct format.
- Bug fix: Fixes to internal linking between entries, where sometimes the right entry wasn't selected in macOS El Capitan.
- Bug fix: If the toolbar is not displayed, the list view is now the default view to display.
- Bug fix: macOS El Capitan was stopping some users from using the self upgrade feature to purchase version 5.
- Bug fix: Rare bug when a smart collection was left without attributes.
- Bug fix: Using the contextual menu repeatedly in cover view could work on a non-intended multiple selection.
- Bug fix: Issues when changing a smart collection rule from a date field with a set date to a string field.
- Bug fix: Custom fields are again displayed in italics in the Fields preference window, to quickly tell them apart from built-in fields.
What is new in version 5.4.2:
- 5 second delay on updating a smart collections when changing a rating in the table view.
- Added megabyte counter to activity sheet for backup zip export, for more feedback during backup process.
- Fixed redrawing issue with the cover image and scrolling the collection view.
- Under El Capitan Cover flow view would not load right away when switching to cover flow or app launch.
- Using a quote character as part of a smart collection rule would incorrectly appear as a backslash in subsequent edits. Furthermore if at the end of the rule, would then cause the smart collection to begin failing.
- Update: IMDb search plugin updated for covers, duration and rating.
What is new in version 5.4.1:
- Full 10.11 El Capitan support.
- Use of HTTPS on all server connections that support TLS 1.2
- Faster backup zip creation.
- New search by date range option, filter searches for "1990-2005" will now be done as a date range.
- Faster installation of Pedia extras from http://bruji.com/extras
- DogTag field available as smart collection option.
- Search scope now displayed as a place holder text and not label.
- Layout updates for El Capitan.
- Freebase plugin disabled as it's being moved to Wikidata.
- More covers imported from iTunes, especially those currently on the cloud.
- Plugin: DVD Store updated.
- Plugin: DVD IT support for Blu-ray search.
- Bug fix: index ignores capitalization and sorting as well to place "A" and "a" together.
- Bug fix: view file from the links tab for files in the data folder was not working in the previous update.
- Bug fix: Backup zip creation was failing on some Macs.
- Bug fix: Fix for gradient issue on full screen cover reflection.
What is new in version 5.4:
- Added 64-bit support for users on OS X Mavericks and Yosemite.
- New option to duplicate a collection, using the copy/paste commands or the "Duplicate" command in the collection contextual menu.
- Improved localizations.
- Autosave for the autofill.xml file has been optimized.
- New iSight code for faster and more reliable barcode recognition.
- The Wikipedia search now downloads more images.
- Bug fix: Rare bug with the autofill that could cause the smart collection rule sheet to freeze up.
- Bug fix: when opening an entry twice for editing (by accident) any changes will be saved automatically.
- Bug fix: EPUB import could stall if it encountered an incorrectly encoded release date in the EPUB files.
- Bug fix: Status column now sorts all images of the same type together.
- Plug-in fixes: IBS and Bol NL search sites.
What is new in version 5.3.2:
- Horizontal bounce is now turned off in list view to avoid issues with scrolling in Yosemite.
- New Add/Edit panel look for header and footer.
- New toolbar icons.
- New export options icons.
- New checked/unchecked style for the list view.
- Yosemite optimizations.
- Cover flow is faster.
- Highlights updated in Add/Edit panel.
- New "Command-Option-A" keyboard shortcut for opening an Amazon URL.
- Bug fix: Source list does not pop open again if currently collapsed.
- Bug fix: Possible iSight crash in Yosemite.
- Plugin: IMDb plot keywords were not imported.
What is new in version 5.3.1:
- Further memory improvements.
- Ability to click and drag My Rating in the table view to set different ratings.
- Dog tag is now used to detect duplicates when showing duplicates.
- Dog tag is no longer editable for moderators of Doghouse.
- New eSellerate serial validation framework.
- Bug fix: Date picker would close after several fast successive clicks on the month changer button.
- Bug fix: Program could crash submitting a large number of entries for contribution to Doghouse.
- Bug fix: For a few users the Bluetooth barcode scanner was disabled.
- Bug fix: The TVDB plug-in search was not working.
- Bug fix: The Freebase search could occasionally cause a crash.