conStiX is a simple program to combine images, add text and attach composition as custom icon to desktop items such as folder. It is cooperated with the Finder's services, so that you can select "Open iconStiX" in the Finder's contextual menu.
What is new in this release:
- Internal adjustments for the latest state of macOS (no functions deprecated on macOS v.10.11 or earlier; tested on macOS v.10.13 beta6).
What is new in version 3.5.1:
- Objects can be locked in addition to be active or hidden. Click a circle of the relevant object in the objects table to change its state:
What is new in version 3.3.1:
Internal adjustments for OS X compatibility and stability.
"Recess" effect is adjusted and "Recess2" is added which matches better with the El Capitan system folders.
Messages once suppressed can be reset on the Preferences panel.
What is new in version 3.2:
Several adjustments for OS X Yosemite :
- Deprecated methods are replaced.
- QuickLook plugin, which is included in the app, is updated.
- Icon attachment methods regarding alias (bookmark) and symlink are modified so that their originals are processed.
- new icons are visible only after restarting the computer and/or renaming the alias / symlink in concern (completely new names are required to avoid the 'cache' issue). ?
- selecting an item and changing its icon does not update its aliases / symlinks if any (aliases / symlinks are re-created manually, as far as tested on OS X 10.10.2 and 10.10.3 preview).
- to update icons, it is helpful to delete the contents of the folder '/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store' and restart, though this is not a convenient way at all...
- A few lately intruded bugs are fixed (mainly in relation to drawing shapes and text).
What is new in version 3.1.1:
A few minor adjustments: by coloring grayscale icons (esp. the Yosemite internal HD icon), etc.