Artboard 2 is positioned as an alternative to more complicated and expensive vector drawing software. Spend more time drawing and less time searching for elusive commands. Overflowing with new features and a tidy user interface, its speed and responsiveness are complemented by smart techniques for interacting with drawing objects. With its affordable price point and plethora of in-app and online resources, Artboard 2 puts quality graphic design tools squarely within reach of new and experienced creatives.
Free in-app resources make Artboard 2 all the more appealing. Artboard's built-in library of over 1900 styles and clip art include a wide assortment of maps, shapes, color swatches, and more. And these aren't just standard clip art images - they are crisp vector graphics that you can completely change the size, color and design of to make your own. Flexible templates help small businesses, students, hobbyist and 2D game designers get started on their projects quickly, such as making business cards, posters, pixel perfect icons, and right-sized social media graphics.
What is new in this release:
- Fully qualified for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- New 'Layer Opacity' setting (right-click layer show/hide 'eye' icon)
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
- Compatibility with Magic Mouse 2 for option-scrollwheel zooming
- Transparency setting on Export now works properly on all formats
- UI rendering improvements for Retina screens
- New keyboard shortcuts for Artboard Tabs
What is new in version 2.0.1:
Artboard 2 is a new product release and major upgrade from previous versions of Artboard. The following are just some of Artboard's many new features:
- Completely new and modernized user interface improves performance and simplifies access to every command
- New object features, such as Divide objects and Skew objects, and more
- Enhancements to Smart Shapes, such as individually squared corners on round-cornered rectangles, makes them even smarter
- New tabbed interface provides "at-your-fingertips" access to functions through the Styles Tab, Geometry Tab, Text Tab and Layers Tab
- Styles Tab simplifies the way expert styles are built
- Geometry Tab makes it a snap to Arrange, Duplicate, Linear Duplicate, Polar Duplicate, Flip, Convert, Combine, Align and Distribute objects
- Text Tab puts font selection and text formatting all on one handy place
- Layers Tab now includes expandable layers to see every object in the layer stack
- Popover Color Picker and slider controls provide faster, more controlled access to style settings
- Export options now include exporting drawing, individual layers, Slices, and individually selected objects
- Export Color Space options now include sRGB, RGB, CMYK and more
- Iconized interface for functions and controls simplifies the interface and language localization
- New controls make it easy to reposition and resize objects numerically and by percent of original values
- New object feedback shows angles and dimensions dynamically as you draw
- New Photo / Image Editing controls to crop, clip, scale, and add effects
- Image Browser enhancements improve "lazy" image loading (after slight delay from first load)
- Simplified 'Drawing Size & Units' dialog: mm, cm, in, pts
- New GIF and BMP export file formats
- New Templates for home, business and social media
- Hundreds of new clip art and styles - 1900+ now included in the built-in collection
- Enhanced style components, including Image Fill, Path Decorator and Pattern Fill
- New capability to modify geometry properties of multiple similar selected objects at once
- New Slices Layer adds the ability to define specific areas of your drawing for export, making you more productive
What is new in version 1.9.7:
Today we release Artboard 1.9.7, a qualified version for use with OS 10.10 "Yosemite." This version contains further tweaks to appearance for OS X Yosemite, SVG import enhancement, and a few important bug fixes. The update is paired with the roll-out of a completely new companion website. It is a free update for all existing users.
What is new in version 1.9.4:
- Enhancement: Massive performance improvement when drawing, especially when there are many objects.
- Enhancement: Massive improvement in performance when reading a file - 60x to 100x faster. Very noticeable on big complex projects.
- Enhancement: Opening files that take a while show a progress dialog to provide some feedback. Files are opened in the background which otherwise means the user might not see anything happening if it takes a while. However, with the performance boost above, not many files take long enough to trigger the progress.
- Enhancement: Massive improvement in performance when closing a large or complex document - now near instantaneous.
- Bugfix: Some further bugfixes with bad values causing graphics errors on 10.9. This could prevent some files from opening.
- Bugfix: Arc tool now operates correctly on OS 10.9 where null values were reported that caused crashing.
- Bugfix: Pan (Hand) tool now operates correctly even if active layer is locked.
- Bugfix: Autoscrolling now disabled for pan tool which eliminates juddery scrolling at the edges of the view.
- Change: Exporting a collection now sets the default filename for the collection.zip to the library name, instead of "untitled".
- Change: A flatter appearance for several UI elements has been adopted, such as toolbar buttons, section headers and the title header for the Layers sidebar.
- Bugfix: Style components can be deleted from within a rasterizer group directly.
- Enhancement/Change: Style component transforms have been reimplemented using a much better design, where the transformation is performed by a new rasterizer group class. This means any and all style components can be transformed, singly or in groups as desired. Old-style transforms are automatically migrated to the new structure. All UI pertaining to old-style transforms has been removed, and the SI has additional UI for the new transform group component. This also boosts drawing performance in the general case because components no longer need to consider whether transformations are required and can simply go ahead and draw.
- Enhancement: Preferences can now be reset fully within the app using option+(App) -> Reset Preferences... menu. This replaces any instruction to "trash the prefs" though this is something very rarely required.
- Bugfix: Rough strokes are now properly updated when flipping a path.
- Bugfix: "Show in Library Manager" greyed out for items in the the temporary document collection, which does not appear in the LM.
- Change: Improvements to full screen support.
- Bugfix: Clicking in another window (such as a palette) during path creation no longer creates a path point that has wildly incorrect values. Instead the resulting event is ignored.
- Enhancement/Bugfix: Direct (Finder) changes to folders and files in the user's template directory are now reflected live in the Template Browser as necessary.
- Bugfix: Export of 'selection only' now honours clipping mask, if there is one, for all formats (Artboard). Note that for Export of the whole image, if the clipping mask is set to show, it will be rendered in the exported image for non-PDF formats.
- Change/Workaround: Tooltips assigned to the buttons in the tool palette are now generated by combining the internal tool name and its key equivalent, then looking up a localized version in a strings file. This makes the tooltips automatically track key equivalent changes and works around a bug in Xcode 5.0.2 where tooltips assigned to NSMatrix cells in IB are lost.
- Change: "Text > Table" menu item removed as tables are currently not able to be supported in text boxes.
Pen Tablet Support (optional)
The free trial version is a watermarked version of the software with all the functionality; export disabled.