Adguard is an ad blocking program that is justifiably among three best ad blockers in the world together with Adblock and Adblock Plus extensions. However, Adguard is not limited to banal banners removing; it is a universal program that contains all the necessary functions for the most comfortable using of the Internet. For example, blocking or warning about the phishing and other online threats, filtering of obscene materials and protection of your personal data on the Internet.
Functionality: The program includes 3 main modules: AdBlocker, Antiphishing and Parental Control.
dBlocker removes all the advertising elements from web pages. Blocks video ads, popups, removes banners and other advertising. At the same time filtering takes place even before the load of the website into browser and this means: a) no advertisements; b) less traffic consumed/less money spent; c) acceleration of the websites loading.
Antiphishing protects against malicious and fraudulent websites. The program really reduces the possibility of virus infection of your computer. Adguard uses the backlists, which contain millions of hazardous websites. The Antiphishing module processes the URLs in real time by comparing them with the domains in the database. And thanks to the optimization of this process - such verification takes a split second. This feature favorably distinguishes Adguard from major competitors - Adblock and Adblock Plus.
Parental Control allows you to protect children from obscene materials and adult websites, which altogether ensures the safety of children online. Parents can rest easy, because their child will not see any pornographic content on the Internet. By the way, this feature is unavailable in other popular ad blockers such as Adblock and Adblock Plus.
Antitracking - protection from outside observing of your internet-surfing history. With Adguard, advertising networks and counters won't be able to track your searches and websites you visited and use the data for personal gain. Without you using Adguard, they have a fairly complete picture of your sex, age and area of interest.
What is new in this release:
- Convenient addition of new ad filters
- Integration with WoT is now a separate extension
- Added support for new browsers
- Speeded up the work of extensions
- Added a configuration of exceptions for secure (HTTPS) sites filtering
- Fixed conflicts with Visual Studio, Tor Browser, Keepass
- Fixed rules with the "~third-party" modifier
- Fixed a bug when using proxy authorization
- Fixed compatibility error of vk.com and Parental Control
- Fixed a defect with disabling Adguard assistant via the context menu
- Fixed a defect with the processing of HTTP DELETE requests
- New versions of TDI and WFP drivers. Fixed some compatibility issues