uTorrent is an efficient BitTorrent client for Windows. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in uTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading, and Mainline DHT. Additionally, uTorrent supports the protocol encryption joint specification and peer exchange. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources--typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all.
What is new in this release:
Version 3.4.9 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.4.8:
- Improvements for how resources are used by advertisements
- Additional on-boarding for new users.
- BitTorrent Bundles has become BitTorrent Now
- Ads can no longer generate pop ups or download content to disk.
- DHT update (BEP44)
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
What is new in version 3.4.7:
- Do not allow adding single file torrent from webinterface to uTorrent root directory (Security fix)
- Fix regression: move torrent after completion
- Fix potential crash when automatically restoring node selection
- Fix IE frame related crashes
- Mechanism to limit the resources used by Advertisement
- Fix a potential crash in .btsearch parsing
What is new in version 3.4.6:
- Rewrote string classes for significant crash rate reduction
- Opportunity for users to report poor ads experiences to help us improve ad quality
- Cookie ingestion to improve ad relevancy,A with option to opt-out
- Fixed behavior re: triggering browser in foreground when intended by user
- Improved detection of default browser
- Solved #1 Pro support issue (first license check) server-side 3/14
- Fixed crash in Remote for some users when adding a torrent file; resulted in connectivity issues
What is new in version 3.4.5:
Updated how the app handles HTML content (now out of process) for a significant (50%) improvement in stability.
What is new in version 3.4.3:
- New installer updates
- Network traffic reduction
- DHT fixes and updates
What is new in version 3.4.2:
- Change: Client now indicates non-stableness with a 'B' e.g. -UT341B- in Peer ID
- Fix: Resolve antivirus compatibility issues
- Fix: Added information dialog after clicking on Help->Download Translation
- Fix: Regression in labels feature
- Fix: Crash when removing trackers with confirmation dialog enabled
- Fix: DHT regression
- Fix: Secondary sorting which is set by shift+click on a column header
- Fix: Incorrect text in the uTorrent Remote username/password notification dialog
- Fix: Crash when downloading in Compact Allocation mode
- Fix: Crash parsing malformed DHT messages
- Fix: Crash when writing resume file for torrent with no metadata
- Fix: Crash when not removing torrents from the fairlist
- Fix: Multiple other crashes