Virtual Audio Cable is intended to connect several audio applications together in real time. It's like a sound card with hardwired input and output: when an application sends an audio stream to a virtual cable, other applications can record this stream from the other cable end. Thus, you can record and process output of almost any audio application by almost any other audio application.
What is new in this release:
- Added second INF file to install under Win 6.x (Vista, Win 7/8/8.1).
- Changed class/interface GUIDs for the driver, Control API and Native Mode key (custom versions only).
- Decreased noise level in Native Mode.
- Uninstall entry is now created with a constant product GUID.
- Minor bugfixes.
What is new in version 4.50:
- Fixed a bug caused Control Panel crash if VAC driver cannot be restarted.
- Split monolithic cable KS filter into two separate render/capture filters.
- Added WaveRT (RTAudio) and WaveCyclic port/miniport interface support.
- Removed 16-cable limitation from the default INF file.
- Met Device Guard requirements.
- Signed with EV certificate to allow loading by Win10 in Secure Boot mode.
- Added load/save configuration features to Audio Repeater.
- Added actual sampling rate display to Audio Repeater.
- Added stream's actual sampling rate and run time display to VAC Control Panel.
- API: replaced CreationTime field in CableInfo with LifeTime to prevent calculation errors.
What is new in version 4.15:
- Added KSEVENT_PINCAPS_FORMATCHANGE event support.
- Replaced source line summer with a multiplexer.
- Added recording side volume control.
- Added cable information window with stream information list.
- Added event log feature.
- Fixed some bugs in KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added some options and useful information display to KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added MMCSS task registration to Audio Repeater to control thread priority.
- Fixed a bug in resuming the streaming after sleep/hibernation.
- Added Ctrl-C support in Audio Repeater "Wave in" and "Wave out" fields to copy device name to the clipboard.
- Increased small buffer movement uniformity between VAC driver and applications.
What is new in version 4.14:
- Fixed a bug caused playback at higher speed.
- Added a workaround for PortCls bug (GetMaxMapRegisters function) causing position freezing.
- Fixed a bug caused signal level to be painted over the header in Control Panel application.
- Added stream buffer control to minimize overflows/underflows.
- Added button to restart System Audio Engine.
- Now filter volume/mute nodes always report 8-channel support.