FontNuke is a free utility application for Mac OS X 10.4.x+ (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan) that removes corrupt and troublesome font cache files. I created this application as a tool for my personal use at the office, and has become very useful for me. To grant individual non-admin users the ability to remove font cache files, without my involvement--is huge. Not to mention intelligent application quitting, plus a guaranteed reboot, makes my life easier. FontNuke removes system font caches, Adobe font caches (*.lst), Microsoft Office font caches, and now also (as of version 1.1.9) all versions of QuarkXPress font cache files. Not to mention it's free. I have recently added an option which purges spotlight indexes on startup volume from /.Spotlight-V100. This has been added due to some intermittent unresponsiveness when searching network volumes for some of my MCX clients. Please use this feature with caution.
What is new in this release:
- BUGFIX: Fixed an issue where FontNuke would not remove all of the detected font cache files prior to reboot.
What is new in version 1.2.8:
- BUGFIX: Fixed application bundle permissions.
What is new in version 1.2.7:
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan release.
What is new in version 1.2.5:
- BUGFIX: Fixed application crash when updating cache list on select systems
What is new in version 1.2.3:
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Bug fixes to eliminate random application crashes and exception errors on select systems.
- Authorization improvements to ease configuration of Admin-Free mode.
- Application Bundle Identifier updated.
- Added integrated update checker and updater.
- Removed suitcase reset functionality.
- Removed Force Deep Traversal option. Functionality has been integrated into default behavior for optimal performance.
- Updated preference descriptions.