You might have learned that a certain upcoming version of Mac OS X may have scrolling that is "bass-ackwards". That is, when you push up on your trackpad or mouse scroller, the page content moves up too, just like on iOS devices. Scroll Reverser lets you reverse your scrolling on 10.4 and above too. It's a pure usermode app, no drivers or kexts to install. Uninstallation is a simple drag-to-trash.
What is new in this release:
- Some internal changes to the way preferences are loaded. (As part of investigating Issue #38: Scroll reverser preferences randomly change.)
- Translation updates, including a new Norwegian translation (thanks, Patrick).
What is new in version 1.7.4:
- The relaunch-on-wake implementation is now more robust.
- A small correction to the Polish translation.
What is new in version 1.7.2:
- Fixes for bug where Scroll Reverser would sometimes stop working, requiring app restart. (Now it should hopefully not stop working, and if it does you can just toggle Scroll Reverser off/on to reset it.)
- You can now right-click (or control-click) the menu bar icon to toggle Scroll Reverser on/off.
- New algorithm to (hopefully) distinguish more accurately between trackpad and mouse.
- Added a debug console to help with fault-finding. To show the debug window, option-click (?-click) the Scroll Reverser menu bar icon.
- Added Korean, Russian, Slovak and Traditional Chinese translations. (Thanks Josef, Byungkook Jang, Dmitry, and Johnny.)
What is new in version 1.7.1:
- Fixed bug (introduced in v1.7) where Scroll Reverser would sometimes stop working after using it for a while.
- Added Romanian translation. (Thanks, Gabriel.)
What is new in version 1.7:
- Brand new preferences window to replace the clunky old menu.
- Important fixes for compatibility with the upcoming Yosemite update 10.10.2.
- Adds AppleScript support for turning Scroll Reverser on and off.
- Now treats a Wacom mouse's scrolling as coming from a mouse, rather than a tablet.
- Gave the app icon a freshen up.
- Localized in Brazilian Portuguese, German, Greek, Italian, and Japanese.
What is new in version 1.6.1:
Updated for OS X Yosemite. (Specifically, the menu bar icon now supports Dark Mode.)