smcFanControl lets the user set the minimum speed of the build in fans. So you can increase your minimum fan speed to make your intel mac run cooler. However in order not to damage your machines smcFanControl let's you not set minimum speed to a rate under Apple's defaults.
What is new in this release:
- New: Reduced energy usage on OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.10
- New: Support for Yosemite Dark Mode
- Fixed: Crash on OS X 10.9, when deleting Favorites
- Fixed: Various smaller fixes, improvements and code optimizations
- Support for OS X 10.5 is deprecated