TinkerTool System 2 is a collection of system utility features assisting you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of Mac OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via "panes", very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. All functions can be controlled by a single program which acts as general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
What is new in this release:
- The Info pane now supports the latest Macintosh model series.
- Enhanced compatibility of the feature to remove language support files with applications that use incorrectly sealed symbolic links to simulate multiple language packages.
- Enhanced compatibility with OS X Yosemite as far as this makes technical sense. For OS X 10.10 or later, use of the next product generation "TinkerTool System 4" is strongly recommended, however.
- Added new sections to the reference manual.
What is new in version 3.4:
- By request of many users, panes of TinkerTool 5 can now be integrated into the application (TinkerTool 5.3 or later is required). As a result, support for 32-bit computers had to be removed. Users of such systems should keep version 3.31.
- Corrected a problem where information about the system enclosure was not displayed correctly as part of the system management overview.