CAMEO is a system of software applications used widely to plan for and respond to chemical emergencies. It is one of the tools developed by EP's Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office (CEPPO) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Office of Response and Restoration (NOAA), to assist front-line chemical emergency planners and responders. They can use CAMEO to access, store, and evaluate information critical for developing emergency plans. In addition, CAMEO supports regulatory compliance by helping users meet the chemical inventory reporting requirements of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA, also known as SARA Title III). CAMEO also can be used with a separate software application called LandView ? to display EPA environmental databases and demographic/economic information to support analysis of environmental justice issues. The CAMEO system integrates a chemical database and a method to manage the data, an air dispersion model, and a mapping capability. All modules work interactively to share and display critical information in a timely fashion. The CAMEO system is available in Macintosh and Windows formats.
What is new in this release:
- Added KML export to Special Locations and Resources modules (in addition to Facilities module)
- Added lat/long help link to Edit mode for Facilities, Incidents, Special Locations, and Resources modules
- Added additional fields (such as latitude and longitude) to the advanced search
- Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2012 files
- Updated state-specific fields
- Fixed minor bugs