CrystalMaker is a program for building, displaying and manipulating all kinds of crystal and molecular structures. Spectacular, photo-realistic models are just one drag-and-drop away. CrystalMaker can auto-detect major file formats and generate structures right away. All aspects of the model can be extensively customized, with a wide range of photo-realistic or stylized
What is new in this release:
This version includes miscellaneous bug fixes and system workarounds.
Fixed an issue with atoms appearing too small when switching from a stereo-pair plot back to "mono" mode.
Atom vectors are now retained when the plot range is expanded.
Atom vectors are again read correctly from a binary file.
Fixed a rare issue in which the program could crash when reading from a saved crystal binary file.
Fixed a rare crash relating to display sleep - a workaround for a system memory issue.
What is new in version 9.1.2:
- Smoother Multi-Touch. Trackpad-controlled Rotation and Magnification gestures are now much smoother and take into account the time required to replot the structure.
- Measure Bonds. A new Measure > Bonds command provides a listing of all the visible bonds in the current structure, including atom information, bond lengths and the total number of bonds. The total number of bonds is also listed (in the Log) when choosing the Measure > Chemical Formula command.
- Robust Relax Molecule. A number of improvements have been made to the Relax Molecule command to cope with possible system memory issues, and to provide a workaround for a system bug with display sleep. The relaxation will now automatically stop if it detects a low-memory condition. This prevents a subsequent crash, and preserves the current state of the relaxation. We have discovered an apparent system bug associated with display sleep. Memory requirements dramatically increase, as it appears that video and other memory is not being correctly purged by the system. To mitigate the effects of this bug, CrystalMaker now looks out for display sleep/wake events and takes appropriate action, suppressing screen updates as necessary.
- The Set Range command is now considerably faster.
- The Crystal Editor now prevents invalid rhombohedral angles (? 120