LaTeXiT is a small utility that allows you to quickly typeset LaTeX equations, without bothering with file creation, preambles, and so on. The PDF image obtained can then be exported by drag'n drop to any application supporting it. This is very useful to insert equations in presentations made with Keynote or Powerpoint. LaTeXiT also features an application service, so that you can type and transform equations directly in most text editors (Pages, Nisus Writer Express, TextEdit).
What is new in this release:
- More work on invisible graphic annotations in PDFs (as more robust metadata, to prevent Keynote and Powerpoint from stripping them). There were problems, especially with Adobe Illustrator;
- change the way Ghostscript is used to generate PDF "with outlined fonts";
- added advanced Ghostscript options for export "with outlined fonts", to circumvent potential problems;
- added ability to disable invisible graphic annotations in the PDF "with outlined fonts" export;
- fixed "clever" filenames that were invalid because of the slash character;
- ability to disable "clever" filenames by pressing option (?);
- added preliminary lualatex support;
- changed MathML export for easier integration into Office.
What is new in version 2.8.1:
- fixed incompatibilities with recent updates of Ghostscript ;
- save history after each new item ;
- save library as soon as possible ;
- updated Linkback.
What is new in version 2.8.0:
- Added search feature in history ;
- keep items order when importing a library ;
- added a "TeX Source" export to library ;
- added ability to attach a comment to library equations ;
- better handling of ¥ character in Japanese ;
- fixed various localizations.
What is new in version 2.7.5:
- better MathML export ;
- fixed compatibility with Ghostscript 9.15 ;
- better PDF metadata insertion ;
What is new in version 2.7.3:
- restored right-click menu on image.