The basic module of Math Stars Plus challenges students to complete all fact groups up to a selectable number. As each function (+ - x /) is successfully completed, the student earns a STAR. The program records every problem the student attempts and can be set to use the student's previous data in selecting new problems. In addition, Math Stars Plus includes 6 fun but challenging math games. The games range in difficulty from fairly easy to quite challenging even for advanced high school players. Students compete against their own best time or highest score in each game. The PLUS games are not counted in the student's quest to complete the facts for each function.
User selectable options include: time limit per question, number of problems, random or fixed numbers, allow negatives, vertical or horizontal display, and highest number allowed. Problems can be created by the program based upon the student's previous efforts or truly at random. Users can select addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division functions or determine which of those functions will be randomly selected by the computer. Its many options make this program adaptable for students of all ages. Problems can also be spoken aloud by the computer voice for the visually challenged. The program includes sounds and updated graphics.Quick help is available from each screen, or a more detailed online help is linked from the program. Personal License: $9.95. Site License: $69.95. Registration documents included with the program.
What is new in this release:
- Improved icons
- Fixed bug in Math Squares Undo
- added UI items for consistency
- Now plays the tutorial movie in the default browser
- Maintains current player when returning to name Screen
- improve and update online help. some images not showing
- change trial period to 15 days
- Added way to turn speech off from game screen
- Reduce price to $4.99
- Several minor bug fixes
What is new in version 2014r1:
- New: Removed the seldom-used networking function
- New: Removed the Class Lists in favor of a simpler user interface
- New: Compiled the Mac version for Cocoa, the latest OSX framework
- New: Added modern, colorful graphics
- New: Removed Mind Games game and added MathCentration game
- New: Added quick "How To Play" help to each screen and placed a full help version online.
- New: Game results now incorporated in the screen eliminating the pop up window
- Fixed: Improved other minor interface elements
- Fixed: Improved the animation of the Basket O'Math game
OS 10.6 or newer